Buying a new ground saw

SidneyJames88

The 550xp is a great saw, I have a 562xp as well. Personally I think the gap is a little too close together and you would be better of stepping up to a 572xp with the 20" bar or a Stihl 500i.

But with out knowing what you fully want to be doing it is hard to advise.

11 hours ago, butters said:

We’ve just got recently the 562 mk2 

it’s a completely different saw to its predecessor and is finally what a 560/562 should have been from the beginning 

Glad to hear this as I have been underwhelmed by my 562xp since I bought it when it was launched, a guttless and heavy piece of crap.
I mostly run 550’s and 572/592 and the 562 doesn’t get out of the workshop, it has been downgraded solely for use on the chainsaw morticer for sweet chestnut posts.

Ergonomic wise the husky has the edge as they do. I am really impressed by it's power. If your a new operator it's a good saw to start with.

Sounds good I think it would suit  a 14" bar.

This the bar you mean?

540 is the same but has the option of running 1,1mm .325..not tried the smaller .

WWW.CHAINSAWBARS.CO.UK

614393 Oregon Speed Cut Sprocket/Bar/Chain Combo [T540XP, T540XP MkII] 14"[35cm] .325 .043 59 drive links. Oregon's...

Or  a husky one?

7 hours ago, Stere said:

Sounds good I think it would suit  a 14" bar.

This the bar you mean?

WWW.CHAINSAWBARS.CO.UK

614393 Oregon Speed Cut Sprocket/Bar/Chain Combo [T540XP, T540XP MkII] 14"[35cm] .325 .043 59 drive links. Oregon's...

Or  a husky one?

I have a 14 inch on mine. That is the one expect husky branded. 

• Like 1