Tilt rotators on excavators

Big J

56 minutes ago, doobin said:

Priced jobs is where you’ll make your money back on one. Doing things quicker.  Round holes for round tanks, less concrete. Etc. 

people always used to say ‘a good op can do it without’ about anything more than three buckets, but it’s frankly

bollocks and outdated thinking. The UK is so backwards in this respect. Same with loaders. I’m working next door to a building site on this job, and all day there’s been a digger sat at a stockpile of stone loading a dumper every five minutes. I just grab my stone from the stockpile and put it exactly where I need it- the second man on my job has been putting a fence up rather than sat on his arse on a dumper. 

My profit levels per job show the value to me in investing in machinery. I can’t stand working for builders on a day rate, they are 99% thick as shit, messy as pigs and my time is better spent elsewhere where I can make a grand a day for a skilled bloke and a machine by quoting the job right and doing it quickly and accurately. 

IMG_3298.jpeg

100% I’m not knocking it and I also don’t like that mentality. For your own jobs is where you pay it off, same as a digger mounted laser level. Already cuts the cost of one bloke hanging off a staff all day.

what I was explaining to the op is that the majority of machines you see in the uk are operated hire. If I go onto a building site and ask the prime (who knows nothing)for an extra 200 quid for a steel wrist they’d tell me to eff off. That’s why you don’t see loads of them.

plus your competing with old boys who

go out with 14 tonners for

£300 a Day 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Martin du Preez said:

100% I’m not knocking it and I also don’t like that mentality. For your own jobs is where you pay it off, same as a digger mounted laser level. Already cuts the cost of one bloke hanging off a staff all day.

what I was explaining to the op is that the majority of machines you see in the uk are operated hire. If I go onto a building site and ask the prime (who knows nothing)for an extra 200 quid for a steel wrist they’d tell me to eff off. That’s why you don’t see loads of them.

plus your competing with old boys who

go out with 14 tonners for

£300 a Day 🙄

For sure. It's not just the old boys either. I went to an Engcon demo day a couple of years back (full of a few famous Instagram personalities with their tricked out machines). There was one guy there who was quite open and honest, he went out with a 13t for £400 a day. In Kent. Including diesel.

Would anyone on here go out with a 2.7t and grab (a quarter of the purchase cost and diesel bill) for less than that?? No transport cost either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doobin said:

For sure. It's not just the old boys either. I went to an Engcon demo day a couple of years back (full of a few famous Instagram personalities with their tricked out machines). There was one guy there who was quite open and honest, he went out with a 13t for £400 a day. In Kent. Including diesel.

Would anyone on here go out with a 2.7t and grab (a quarter of the purchase cost and diesel bill) for less than that?? No transport cost either.

nope but you could get away with £360 on site with 2.7, doesn’t change much for larger machines which is what’s frustrating. BTW they charge customer for diesel and haulage but still. On tree work we just charge how may men it would take to do without a digger, unless it’s a large job where a digger would be essential 

• Like 2