Second hand value on 572/62

Donnie

2 hours ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

I only use chainsaws in my business ,and I would say you need at least 1 spare saw at any moment with you, and another one in the shed . I think 572 is very good saw ,just keep it no point to loose half the money.

Absolutely. Lost count of the amount of gardeners that come in with a poorly machine and ask how long it will take for a repair....which for us is normally a fortnight most time of the year. Which is quickly followed by 'jeez....I need it quicker than that, I've got a job on Friday'

'Sorry, best I can do is maybe a week..and that's if we don't need to order parts in. Have you got another machine you can use?'

'No mate......I can't afford two of everything- haven't you got a machine I can borrow?'

'No, we don't lend machines out. What's the job worth to you on Friday then?'

'About 500 quid'

'but for £500 you could have a spare machine, and in future you wouldn't lose a job if your main machine is in for repair'

' I can't afford that'

'....but you can afford to lose £500 on just ONE job though?'

*silence*

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, pleasant said:

Absolutely. Lost count of the amount of gardeners that come in with a poorly machine and ask how long it will take for a repair....which for us is normally a fortnight most time of the year. Which is quickly followed by 'jeez....I need it quicker than that, I've got a job on Friday'

'Sorry, best I can do is maybe a week..and that's if we don't need to order parts in. Have you got another machine you can use?'

'No mate......I can't afford two of everything- haven't you got a machine I can borrow?'

'No, we don't lend machines out. What's the job worth to you on Friday then?'

'About 500 quid'

'but for £500 you could have a spare machine, and in future you wouldn't lose a job if your main machine is in for repair'

' I can't afford that'

'....but you can afford to lose £500 on just ONE job though?'

*silence*

Work must go on ,so some of my tools is tripled. Even family car is a wagon ,so when truck is down family car step in and continue in safe mode!