MS291 off the shelf

jbanda

1 minute ago, jbanda said:

Day 2 , the usual forum gobshites appear, same on any other forum, they jump in with the urbane, inane , vacuous pointless non-answers.

Stop trying to amuse the readers and yourself. 

I'll have my meeting with the dealer and I guarantee you one thing ...... the reason will be found, which may be as much in their interest to know as for me to know....

Please keep us posted. :)

Ps, are you at least gonna tell them how you melted your saw? If so can you tell us what they said about that? 

13 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Perhaps, but having done what you've done leaves you with zero recourse. You've left no avenue to return to the Dealer to fight your case nor have you got a legal leg to stand on really. 

Your complete reluctance to say why you felt the need to do what you did speaks far more volumes than your ability to measure correctly. 

How I found out is not the reason I came here, what I found out is why I came here to ask for some info before I go back.

Sorry that "triggered" you....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Please keep us posted. :)

Ps, are you at least gonna tell them how you melted your saw? If so can you tell us what they said about that? 

Oh don't worry, I'll return here with the details of the outcome, I know you will be bursting to know.... 

It's just killing you to know why the saw was examined and maybe if you had asked instead of making accusations, I would have told you. But it's far more satisfying knowing you are just a nosey not very knowledgeable forum jockey who in this case will not be tolerated. 

Just now, jbanda said:

Oh don't worry, I'll return here with the details of the outcome, I know you will be bursting to know.... 

It's just killing you to know why the saw was examined and maybe if you had asked instead of making accusations, I would have told you. But it's far more satisfying knowing you are just a nosey not very knowledgeable forum jockey who in this case will not be tolerated. 

I certainly am curious and I genuinely wish you well. Im not that interested though and Im just bored and will have forgotten all about your saga within the week unless you keep posting your angry replies. If you are correct and get the outcome you desire I'd be happy for you. I think you're confusing peoples curiosity and question asking with hostile intent, its the sign of someone with something to hide.

627.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What was the running issue that it had, that you thought removing the cylinder/piston to inspect it....would give you the answer?

I cannot think of a running issue the average consumer would have that necessitates such a major job, and even those that know what they are doing, baulk at taking out pistons on the cheaper stihl clamshell engines as its an awful, time consuming job. 

You either know what you are doing and know by removing the piston etc will cure/establish the problem, or if you dont know what youre doing, then attempting that job is foolhardy and all rational people I know whether they know what they are doing mechanically or not, wont do anything to that extent on a machine knowing it is still within the warranty period.

If you are saying warranty isnt the issue, then you must have known the issue wasnt covered under warranty and you have attempted to repair it yourself knowing the problem was 'pilot error' and then in doing so you discovered  the 'erroneous' piston...allegedly.

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 2