broken teeth on my chain.

lurch_918

18 hours ago, peatff said:

Friend of mine brought me a chain to do on the Lidl sharpener as it was in a bad way. He was cutting a 10" trunk and hit a metal bar straight down the middle of it. He did admit to it though didn't try to blame anything else. Only a couple of teeth were completely lost so it's now a semi skip.

i checked the cut and found nothing this is why i put it out there encase its a bad batch of chain .

On 25/09/2023 at 12:53, pleasant said:

Oregon chains are sold to dealers on 100ft rolls (generally, as it's cheaper to buy a roll, than pre-cut lengths) and are cut to length on site for pre-packed sale or made up to order. When a customer blames a chain for blunting quicker than expected, and is therefore 'faulty', I usually point out that their 3ft length of chain we used to make up their loop, came from a random section of 100ft roll. If the chain was 'faulty' then the remaining 97ft of chain either side of where their chain was cut from would also be 'faulty' unless of course, by sheer coincidence and really bad luck, that 3ft of chain was the ONLY bit that we happened to make their chain out of was the ONLY faulty bit of that 100ft of chain. Normally puts things into perspective and absolves the chain 

yes i agree the chain comes in 100 ft rolls but the cutters arn't hardened on the on the roll . as said the wood was clean with no nails and it was off the ground so no hitting dirt .