Cutting rounds for firewood company

Donnie

16 hours ago, Justme said:

Wow & I get grief charging £450 for two men & a processor for 8-4 & we will load, cut, split & drop into IBC ect. Between 1/2 & 3/4 of a 26t load per day.

16 hours ago, Justme said:

Wow & I get grief charging £450 for two men & a processor for 8-4 & we will load, cut, split & drop into IBC ect. Between 1/2 & 3/4 of a 26t load per day.

That's dirt cheap, you can't be making any profit?

• Like 2

On 19/08/2023 at 06:58, JDon said:

Is it your main source of work?

That depends on how much work I want.

I could be at it full time if I wanted to be away from home all the time.

Shortly post covid it was full time for a while.

However I tend to do it as an infill between doing my own firewood which I am doing more of & another business.

Over last 2 or 3 years I have had a lot of work / business changes so its still settling out.

Not sure if I want to expand / invest more time & money into the processing or just tick over for now.

On 19/08/2023 at 11:32, doobin said:

That's dirt cheap, you can't be making any profit?

Profits no. Wages & all costs covered yes.

Plus they get charged travel & accommodation / subsidence.

I would love to charge more but currently I am losing more jobs than I get so the clients just wont pay it.

Odd when threads like this show how much they charge themselves out for with less kits & costs.

Basically two client types:-

1, large sites that just need help to keep up that would rather make less per IBC sold than run out.

2, very small sites that dont have a processor.

The issue is that some only see that its "free" for them to do it themselves as they dont count their own time. Or they charge so little per IBC they cant cover the extra £15-20.

Very few smaller sites have an accurate handle on the costs per IBC they produce.

Locally our charges are about £15 per IBC but further away that can go up to £20+ per IBC.

• 1 month later...