Oil leaking from spark plug hole

Shaffick

The spark plug threads dont form a seal on any brand of saw (or any engine for that matter). Its the washer that does the sealing. Some plugs use a tapered seat (no washer) to seal directly to the cylinder.

If the treads hold the plug in place and hold it square to the sealing face then its either the sealing face damage or the sealing washer. Or the wrong plug....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bmp01 said:

The spark plug threads dont form a seal on any brand of saw (or any engine for that matter). Its the washer that does the sealing. Some plugs use a tapered seat (no washer) to seal directly to the cylinder.

If the treads hold the plug in place and hold it square to the sealing face then its either the sealing face damage or the sealing washer. Or the wrong plug....

Agreed. 

To the OP, try a new reputable sparkplug and let us know how you get on.  A new plus will have crisp threads (not sure if the one you've used was damaged at the same time as the thread?) plus a stronger spring washer.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bmp01 said:

I'll try that thanks.

If your going to be a trader in saws that really should remain in the skip, then you'd best stock up on a good quality set of taps and dies to rebuild and strengthen all the fittings made of chocolate and cheese. There's a damn good reason working guys, whose businesses depend on being able to do a day's work use only top quality or best affordable kit. Cheap disposable householder stock is just that- disposable! Rebuilding and selling on this tripe is only going to break your heart as your 'clients' will be bringing this shit back to you for more and more infuriating repairs as the next bit vibrates loose and falls off. Mick is spot on with the best course of action. Oh, and his membership is honest and impressive I believe. 

Xx

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, skc101fc said:

If your going to be a trader in saws that really should remain in the skip, then you'd best stock up on a good quality set of taps and dies to rebuild and strengthen all the fittings made of chocolate and cheese. There's a damn good reason working guys, whose businesses depend on being able to do a day's work use only top quality or best affordable kit. Cheap disposable householder stock is just that- disposable! Rebuilding and selling on this tripe is only going to break your heart as your 'clients' will be bringing this shit back to you for more and more infuriating repairs as the next bit vibrates loose and falls off. Mick is spot on with the best course of action. Oh, and his membership is honest and impressive I believe. 

Xx

Sorry I hit a nerve. Can Mick not defend himself?. You and mighty Mick should probably get a room together ❤️ as your snobbery suits each other. Must pain you to think that other people don't necessarily need to own a Husky or Stihl. Send my 💋 kisses to Micky boy next time you see him lol. I'll stick to my cheap shit thank you very much. Never had one complaint yet. Never knew a forum where people get so bitchy about a bloody chainsaw ffs lol!. Get a life lol.

• Like 1

I'm  sorry for your loss of understanding.

Experience of 3 of these dreadful machines has taught me to leave them well alone. Yes the mechanics of them is perfectly sound!, the materials they're made from is unfortunately of really really poor standard. Look at the low grade studs that barely secure the exhaust onto the block - soft unstressed steel that continuously stretches to make a poor fit that stretches the first time it gets used for real hard work. Bar studs also made of similar low stress steel. There's a really strong reason why these machines are a third of the price of quality kit, but I think you know that already - a quick buck which hopefully you can pass on as quickly as possible, .

I now refuse to service them anymore even for friends, - torque any component up to the correct level, and either threads strip out , or the fixings actually shear .

I realise the disappointment of what should be a great business opportunity.  Sure there's bucketloads of customers desperate to get their equipment mended, having used them for maybe a couple of weekends,  and finding customer services impossible to contact or get any viable resolution from when failures start to occur. If you become a trader in used ones, you will also have a duty of care to service and maintain.

Simple advice from long experience without insults.