Oil leaking from spark plug hole

Shaffick

23 minutes ago, skc101fc said:

I'm  sorry for your loss of understanding.

Experience of 3 of these dreadful machines has taught me to leave them well alone. Yes the mechanics of them is perfectly sound!, the materials they're made from is unfortunately of really really poor standard. Look at the low grade studs that barely secure the exhaust onto the block - soft unstressed steel that continuously stretches to make a poor fit that stretches the first time it gets used for real hard work. Bar studs also made of similar low stress steel. There's a really strong reason why these machines are a third of the price of quality kit, but I think you know that already - a quick buck which hopefully you can pass on as quickly as possible, .

I now refuse to service them anymore even for friends, - torque any component up to the correct level, and either threads strip out , or the fixings actually shear .

I realise the disappointment of what should be a great business opportunity.  Sure there's bucketloads of customers desperate to get their equipment mended, having used them for maybe a couple of weekends,  and finding customer services impossible to contact or get any viable resolution from when failures start to occur. If you become a trader in used ones, you will also have a duty of care to service and maintain.

Simple advice from long experience without insults.

Hi again. 

I think it's you that is misunderstood. Firstly, I'm not trying to be a trader. I have a day job. I merely see an opportunity and take advantage of it. In this case a cheap chainsaw. Secondly, In regards to the mechanics and integrity of the fixings, I'm fully aware of that but I've never really encountered any persistent problems with these saws. Lastly this forum is open to anyone regardless of what their chainsaw status is. You don't need to own a Husqvarna or Stihl to post on here. You seem to take it personally in regards to what I do with these saws. I just simply enjoy a project. I've fixed things from lawn mowers, circular saws and cars. Not really interested in making a buck as it's just beer money to me. You need to remember it was a Mr Dempsey that tried to be clever. My advice to you is to please do not take chainsaws too seriously. They all cut wood at the end of the day. Take care.

Edited by Shaffick
Missed spelling

3 minutes ago, Stere said:

For some reason most  cheapo saw  have terrible anti vibe  40c saws worse than an old 08S

White finger inducing machines that are not   nice to use for very long...

I've added rubber washers in between the handle and body. It seems to reduce the vibration down a little. 

On 01/08/2023 at 19:34, Mick Dempsey said:

You need to carefully hold the rear handle, release your hand from the chain brake. Swing it round and round then release it at maximum velocity into a bin at the local tip.

and what ever you do don't throw it in the recycling bin... as it will be sent back to you a week later as a STIHL MS291 3/4 special edition.😁