2015-2016 mitsubishi l200

swinny

Anyone on here running an l200 of that era? Any good? 

I see they have decent hp at 175hp and good torque. 

Only down point is plated for 3100kg towing. Has anyone ever had upgraded to 3.5t with that firm s v tech?

Cheers

I've an older 2011 it drives and feels a bit agricultural, but earns it's keep if you actually use the gearbox and don't just lead foot it around.

Tows well, but it's like driving the QE2.

If you're near cities get a post 2016 euro 6 to avoid any future congestion charge stuff, I will be upgrading, probably to a post 2016 or Toyota.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swinny said:

Anyone on here running an l200 of that era? Any good? 

I see they have decent hp at 175hp and good torque. 

Only down point is plated for 3100kg towing. Has anyone ever had upgraded to 3.5t with that firm s v tech?

Cheers

Had a 2010 reg for a good few years and sold it at around 80k as well as a 2018 reg and both reliable vehicles. Use pickup quite a lot off-road and found the smaller size and advantage at times. On towing it depends what you need to tow. 

1 hour ago, Vedhoggar said:

Had a 2010 reg for a good few years and sold it at around 80k as well as a 2018 reg and both reliable vehicles. Use pickup quite a lot off-road and found the smaller size and advantage at times. On towing it depends what you need to tow. 

Regular tow 2-2.6t near enough each day mainly with the truck. Would be up at 3.5t with the digger behind it

On 01/07/2023 at 15:56, swinny said:

Regular tow 2-2.6t near enough each day mainly with the truck. Would be up at 3.5t with the digger behind it

L200 Series 4 (2006 - 2015) towing capacity braked trailer is 2.7t and Series 5 3.1t (3.5t is possible with 3 axle braked trailer not with 1 or 2 axle  trailers), the engine sizes are about the same and not much difference in curb weight.  I regularly tow 2T with another 0.5T in pickup with no problem but if towing 3.5T then something like the current Toyota Hilux or Ford Ranger would be the thing to have I would have thought.

Edited by Vedhoggar