Anyone use a treepedo ?

Robert_S

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Safety is not an issue if you hit your target and its a tree for petes sake.

Yes.....................but the house behind and cars to either side ain't and what about the home owner who dashes out unexpectedly to see if you want a brew:scared1:

I'm not sure where you work, but we are aways working near cars, homes and pedestrians. We try to get cars moved but often can't.

Last year we were removing a small wood land next to a car park, the boundary trees needed a pull line, I landed my throw bag on the windscreen of a van:blushing: (no damage done), very glad it was not a lump of metal.

Sorry but I'll stick to my throw bag.:001_smile:

PS I don't think most throw bags use lead any more.

Yes.....................but the house behind and cars to either side ain't and what about the home owner who dashes out unexpectedly to see if you want a brew:scared1:

I'm not sure where you work, but we are aways working near cars, homes and pedestrians. We try to get cars moved but often can't.

Last year we were removing a small wood land next to a car park, the boundary trees needed a pull line, I landed my throw bag on the windscreen of a van:blushing: (no damage done), very glad it was not a lump of metal.

Sorry but I'll stick to my throw bag.:001_smile:

PS I don't think most throw bags use lead any more.

Most still use lead in their throw weights. A bag of metal or an all metal projectile, line transition device, pull handle, endline security knot smooth over and with protective sleeve for impact dampening. Either way you want to hit your target tree and clear anything that can break. Just trying to share with you a device and system that works well at what it claims

Even £60 is a bit steep mate. And being the forgetful chap that I am, I can just about sleep at night if I misplace a £5 throwbag, If I lost a £60 one, I'd be close to tears!!! haha!!

the Treepedo comes with interior and exterior connection points, so as long as it is connected to your line or a biner it will be quite difficult to lose and truethfully I have not been able to get it stuck, I have retrieved about 100 times and even with a very vvery tight crotch/vertical it won,t stay jammed and you can just drop it to the ground for a re-throw.

Price wise it is less expensive than throw bags. Replaces a life time of throw bags, jaming, snagging all of the associated frustration with smooth easy movemnt, multipurpose it Is 21st century craftsmanship, precision and performance. The Treepedo makes me mony every time I throw it.

Good Replies Thomas, But, I still think that you will struggle to get guys in our line of work to buy something that, and I mean no offence in this, is IMO, re-inventing the wheel. In my veiw, and I could be wrong, £60 for a throwbag is pretty low down on most climber's list of priorities. I'm interested in the concept and it certainly looks like a lot of design has gone into the product, but, untill I have an opportunity to try it, I think I will be sticking with the throwbags.

Thomas, Are you connect to this project at all?