Arb or not to arb?

Danavan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy,

1) Your question begs another - you have assumed that AAACs divide the industry. You do not have any proof of this.

2) TOs 'police' standards anyway. They have always been able to contact the AA - would you like them to stop? Presumably you would have a problem with a TO contacting the ISA if a problem were to arise with an ISA cert Arb, or BALI should a landscaper undertake poor work? My publically paid remit as a TO was to preserve and enhance the green infrastruce of the district - 'policing' standards of work is a perfectly reasonable part of that.

3) Assertion of a fact does not neccesarily imply the inverse. I have a car. This does not mean that you dont have a car. You are a Professional, does that mean I'm not? If I log onto autotrader to look for a car for sale, does that unfairly prejudice people selling cars who haven't paid for an advert.

This is all getting a bit daft.

3) Assertion of a fact does not neccesarily imply the inverse. I have a car. This does not mean that you dont have a car. You are a Professional, does that mean I'm not? If I log onto autotrader to look for a car for sale, does that unfairly prejudice people selling cars who haven't paid for an advert.

Autotrader is not a charity, and the selling of your car using autotrader is not being pushed by LA's.

Just out of curiosity Nailer, obviously as you hide behind a pseudonym i have no way of knowing who you are....... are you an AA member? AAAC?? AARC??

Nick (Nailer) has a link to his website under his posts, so he ain't hiding (unlike me :001_tt2:)

Andy,

1) Your question begs another - you have assumed that AAACs divide the industry. You do not have any proof of this.

Tony, i'm sorry, but i don't understand what you are saying in this point. Could you be more specifiic?

2) TOs 'police' standards anyway. They have always been able to contact the AA - would you like them to stop? Presumably you would have a problem with a TO contacting the ISA if a problem were to arise with an ISA cert Arb, or BALI should a landscaper undertake poor work? My publically paid remit as a TO was to preserve and enhance the green infrastruce of the district - 'policing' standards of work is a perfectly reasonable part of that.

Now, in light of a recent off forum PM, and the resultant but now removed thread relating to the quality of LA tree work, you and i both know that to be untrue.

"Proof" of this, can also be found straight from the horses mouth as it where, on the same topic on the UKTC LA Tree Pruning Standards

The resultant comments within that forum, mostly by LA TOs themselves, make for VERY interesting reading.

Agreed, no, it doesn't "necesarily" imply the inverse....... on face value!

But lets not forget that the AA's own Director, recently publicly denounced the BBC over that "tree o clock" issue, as "failing in it's public duty" blah blah blah, DESPITE the fact that the BBC had sought proffesional tree planting advice from numerous organisations much larger than AA.

The point in case being, I have grown very weiry of the "self-gratification" tactics, clearly and continually employed. Passive aggression, is aggression nonetheless. Not qualities i expect from a so called "Leading" organisation.

Autotrader is not a charity, and the selling of your car using autotrader is not being pushed by LA's.

What's the relevance of the business model to point 3? If you are a professional, does that mean I'm not? Are the LA slandering me as a car seller if they do endorse autotrader?

Edited by Amelanchier
Punct.

Tony, i fail to see how anything i have said equates to "the politically motivated practice of making accusations of disloyalty, subversion, or treason without proper regard for evidence."

Having spent many years working with contractors up and down the country, including working within and manageing AAACs, i certainly do have evidence and experience to substantiate and "back up" anything to which I lay claim.

What's the relevance of the business model to point 3? If you are a professional, does that mean I'm not? Are the LA slandering me as a car seller if they do endorse autotrader?

Tony, just to correct your standpoint....... the matter of "slander" was actually raised by another on an alternative thread, relating to the recent publication of the official AAAC consultation response.......

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/14517-aaac-scheme-public-consultation-summary-report.html

McCarthyism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What's the relevance of the business model to point 3? If you are a professional, does that mean I'm not. Are the LA slandering me as a car seller if they do endorse autotrader?

Often the public don't realise the AA is a business (the fact that its a charity does not help this) and the way the AA put it make assessment sound like a simple cheep process that any Co capable of passing would do, when in reality its not.