unseasoned logs sussex

3 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

You can see the hypocrisy though? When you used council equipment it was ok, but when one of the lads did it, they were wrong’uns. Typical council manager.

The differences in when it was both borrowed and used are both subtle and significent Eggs.

Like inside working hours, outside working hours.**

And some of the twisted lazy gits(and there were decent ones as well) I worked with would keep a squad waiting, on some "hot urgent" very public  job, while they did their messages, or took the sceanic route or stopped for a blether.

P.S.

I remembered I always had my own decent twin axle trailer, but occassionally borrowed a wee babby unbraked 750kg trailer for handiness.

I genuinely did my best to be honest, odd sod that I am.

**One bloke was offended that I dared to remonstrate with him for using the council chainsaw,  and vehicle to cut, block and deliver firewood to his home, during working hours, naturally, and of course working at the usual liesurly council pace.

Cheers,

mth

• Like 2

1 hour ago, difflock said:

The differences in when it was both borrowed and used are both subtle and significent Eggs.

Like inside working hours, outside working hours.**

And some of the twisted lazy gits(and there were decent ones as well) I worked with would keep a squad waiting, on some "hot urgent" very public  job, while they did their messages, or took the sceanic route or stopped for a blether.

P.S.

I remembered I always had my own decent twin axle trailer, but occassionally borrowed a wee babby unbraked 750kg trailer for handiness.

I genuinely did my best to be honest, odd sod that I am.

**One bloke was offended that I dared to remonstrate with him for using the council chainsaw,  and vehicle to cut, block and deliver firewood to his home, during working hours, naturally, and of course working at the usual liesurly council pace.

Cheers,

mth

Subtle but significant my arse! If you ask to borrow a trailer for the weekend, or ask to use a trailer for the weekend most people would take it as the same thing.

45 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Subtle but significant my arse! If you ask to borrow a trailer for the weekend, or ask to use a trailer for the weekend most people would take it as the same thing.

What bit of 'not in council hours' don't you get?

Most employers here would be fine lending their labourer a 750kg trailer to move a sofa for his mum. They'd be less chuffed if he did the mum's sofa, plus the neighbours, in company time, in the company van, with the company diesel.

The differences aren't even subtle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, doobin said:

What bit of 'not in council hours' don't you get?

Most employers here would be fine lending their labourer a 750kg trailer to move a sofa for his mum. They'd be less chuffed if he did the mum's sofa, plus the neighbours, in company time, in the company van, with the company diesel.

The differences aren't even subtle.

Didn’t Mick say in this instance it was in the blokes lunch break?