Valtra/Valmet help

the village idiot

17 minutes ago, htb said:

The above lists standard 665 4wd tractor tyres as Front 12.4R24 and Rear as 16.9R 34.

Yes, It actually lists the rears as 19.6 34 which is wrong and sent me down a totally futile rabbit hole for a while!

14 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Just be prepared for around a 3k bill for rims & tyres, but it's an expense that will be worth it and make a usable tractor.

Annoyingly, I sold my old front W10x24 rims last year for £200 without tyres.

Best also measuring the centre hub sizes and between bolts.

Rears 150 & 205 bolt, front 220 & 275 bolt are mine and exactly the same as the link previously.

I'd be happy with a £3000 bill. So far quotes have been well in excess of that which is why I'm on the hunt for some take offs.

1 hour ago, the village idiot said:

They are 16.9 24. This is smaller than anything listed as appropriate in the manual and I have no idea if the ratio between front and back is OK for 4WD?

The fitment you've got is oddball (presumably to get the overall height of the tractor down) , fortunately the ratio between the front and back work out pretty much the same as if it had the full size rims on 😁

Those tyres on rims that Gareth posted look pretty much ideal if fitted with the correct disc, that pattern of rim is particularly robust and not prone to cracking 🙂

21 minutes ago, Canal Navvy said:

The fitment you've got is oddball (presumably to get the overall height of the tractor down) , fortunately the ratio between the front and back work out pretty much the same as if it had the full size rims on 😁

Those tyres on rims that Gareth posted look pretty much ideal if fitted with the correct disc, that pattern of rim is particularly robust and not prone to cracking 🙂

Thanks Mr Navvy,

Did you work out if the ratio is acceptable (if so, how) or are you just going by the fact that the tractor sits level?

I have inquired about the ones Gareth found. They're coming back to me with a price.

The ratio will be fine as the 24 & 34" rims are listed as standard spec sizes from what you've said.

If you want to thumb through your book, they'll be a page on tyres with MFD, I have a vague recollection of a ratio of something like 1.4

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

Thanks Mr Navvy,

Did you work out if the ratio is acceptable (if so, how) or are you just going by the fact that the tractor sits level?

I have inquired about the ones Gareth found. They're coming back to me with a price.

I've worked it out by assuming that the aspect ratio of your current rears is 85% and used 80 for the fronts and come up with 1.4 to 1 

The factory fit sizes you've given if worked out at 85 aspect ratio are 1.36 to 1.

In my experience factory fitments are not always perfect but the only time you ever noticed was when working in newly germinated crops or when touching the brakes on the road (which engages four wheel drive to give four wheel braking)

I was actually half expecting them to have used an oddball front diff to get it to work but fortunately not 😃

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Canal Navvy said:

I've worked it out by assuming that the aspect ratio of your current rears is 85% and used 80 for the fronts and come up with 1.4 to 1 

The factory fit sizes you've given if worked out at 85 aspect ratio are 1.36 to 1.

In my experience factory fitments are not always perfect but the only time you ever noticed was when working in newly germinated crops or when touching the brakes on the road (which engages four wheel drive to give four wheel braking)

I was actually half expecting them to have used an oddball front diff to get it to work but fortunately not 😃

Excellent work professor!

1 hour ago, woody paul said:

There is 5 different size wheel configuration that fit that tractor right up to a 12.4 x 38 rowcrop. 

These are the ones listed in the manual (Just about every size of wheel apart from the ones that are actually on the machine) 🙃. If anyone has any of the sizes with an X in the 600 column knocking about I would be interested.

DSC_1346.thumb.JPG.fca873475a51bab6b8c317783b260d79.JPG

17 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

These are the ones listed in the manual (Just about every size of wheel apart from the ones that are actually on the machine) 🙃. If anyone has any of the sizes with an X in the 600 column knocking about I would be interested.

DSC_1346.thumb.JPG.fca873475a51bab6b8c317783b260d79.JPG

I can log into Agco parts and it lists the wheels and tyres you have fitted and it's got in brackets after MOD. 

• Thanks 1