Ancient Trees – Free Workshop

John Hancock

Surprising, I would of thought watching poor young Afgan girls forced to be circumcised would of ranked slightly higher, but each to their own, eh.

No need to take me literally, of course there are plenty of worse things in life. No need to try and shock with examples of worse things. You get the point! Seeing as its just up the road from me it is something that I could see/do. Watching unspeakable acts in Afganistan is a less likely scenario don't you think!?

I'm sure it will be great fun, I can't wait to be filled in on the details.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to take me literally, of course there are plenty of worse things in life. No need to try and shock with examples of worse things. You get the point! Seeing as its just up the road from me it is something that I could see/do. Watching unspeakable acts in Afganistan is a less likely scenario don't you think!?

I'm sure it will be great fun, I can't wait to be filled in on the details.

Rupert,

the use of an emoticon to highlight your throw away, jovial (i presume) comment, would I feel, have resulted in no retort from my direction.

However, the seemingly negative input, by someone who appears (from reading your threads & posts) to have little or no interest in the growing interaction that is a much needed bridge between Arb & Ecology, riled me, into penning the reply.

I respect your humour, your experience in helping others & your undoubted skill in what you do, but in return would like a little more humility in appreciating that this type of thread is for specific interested parties, and that no invite was offered for a reply of the negative, which in my opinion, trivialises what is a very important subject.

If, as your reply suggests, you've been offended, then appologies are offered.

Right, enough of this wishy washy claptrap.

I'll get back in me perambulator, I've got me kids to go look after.

David :001_smile:

Fair point, well put! I wasn't offended but it was an unecessary comparsison to what was merely a jovial figure of speech, suggesting that I probably can't make this particular event. But I didn't really need to add my thoughts to this thread, so I apologise too.

Edited by Rupe

I always get the impression that it's a just turn up sorta deal (as long as people have booked)

The booking form is just so they have a general idea of numbers.

Worth giving them a call a day or two before hand to touch base.

01476 581135

[email protected]

Give me the hard cash Steve, I'll promise to pass it on......honest :sneaky2:

Just had this through.

Guess those who booked on should be getting theirs soon.

Hi David,

As our auto response does not always work, we hereby confirm your registration for this event, for which we thank you. We look forward to seeing you and hope you enjoy the day.

Kind regards,

Lorna Templeton

http://www.ancient-tree-forum

Telephone: 01476 581111 Ext 5682

The Woodland Trust