Ancient Trees – Free Workshop

John Hancock

Wouldn't of minded the scolding from the headmistress John, but we were actually talking over a really good point at the time.

I tend to agree with your apraisal of the day, t'was a little stuffy.

I guess we as arbs, needed to talk up a little more.

Enjoyed the day nevertheless, always good to meet up with like minded people, and had an interesting chat or two with DL & TG.

Will post some more shots tommorow.

For the mo.......... here's an Arb taking a shot of an Arb taking a shot of an Arb :confused1:

CIMG0075.jpg.4c0645031901cd7757726f413728a7e8.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should of worn tweeds and taken a black lab, and banged on and on about the drainage problem in the lower field, then they would taken notice, Darned blasted drains

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEBdi6Xffd0&feature=related]YouTube - Ted and Ralph - part 1 of 4 (from The Fast Show)[/ame]

:thumbup: A cracking day out indeed folks. Good to meet up with the Arbtalk contingent and put faces to a few names.

I did take a fully charged camera, but spent the majority of the time stood there with an open gob, listening in awe to the pearls of wisdom being handed down by the "ole boys", so unfortunately no pics. :thumbdown:

I get the point about "stuffy". To be fair though, it was discussed in the 'd mobile on the way home........ let's not forget that some of these peeps have been discussing these same old topics for decades now, and what may be considered to be new ground to us, is well trodden teritory for them.

My general over view of the day? O.k, the format of the day could've been better, but VERY educational for a first timer at an event like this nonetheless. An eye opener, with plenty of food for thought regarding tree biology and current accepted best practice pruning.

Would I go again??? I can't wait till the next one! :thumbup:

:thumbup: A cracking day out indeed folks. Good to meet up with the Arbtalk contingent and put faces to a few names.

I did take a fully charged camera, but spent the majority of the time stood there with an open gob, listening in awe to the pearls of wisdom being handed down by the "ole boys", so unfortunately no pics. :thumbdown:

I get the point about "stuffy". To be fair though, it was discussed in the 'd mobile on the way home........ let's not forget that some of these peeps have been discussing these same old topics for decades now, and what may be considered to be new ground to us, is well trodden teritory for them.

My general over view of the day? O.k, the format of the day could've been better, but VERY educational for a first timer at an event like this nonetheless. An eye opener, with plenty of food for thought regarding tree biology and current accepted best practice pruning.

Would I go again??? I can't wait till the next one! :thumbup:

I agree Andy. There was nothing revolutionary in terms of what was being discussed but it was still worth while. I would be very interested in the day at Windsor Ted suggested. Please let me know if someone manages to sort this out (hint, hint David).

I agree Andy. There was nothing revolutionary in terms of what was being discussed but it was still worth while. I would be very interested in the day at Windsor Ted suggested. Please let me know if someone manages to sort this out (hint, hint David).

Yeah D' ...... HINT HINT!! :thumbup:

Yeah, I get the hint, fellas........... Lol

Really good to catch up with you yesterday Matt, I certainly have it in mind to arrange the trip to Windsor with Ted. As he said yesterday, it's easier for him, if a meet can be arranged for during the week rather than a weekend.

I'm mindful that I'm already going over with a bunch of Belgian foresters in June, so with this in mind & knowing that Ted is probably booked up with things like the Turkey trip & Atf events etc, I'll try and get something going for July/August.

Feel free to bump me on it if nothing seems to be happening.

Andy, really glad to hear you got something from the trip, have to say, I didn't think it would be your bag.

So that's another convert then.....?

regards

D :001_smile: