Softwood price.

coppice cutter

1 hour ago, coppice cutter said:

Anyone want to offer what would be a fair price (to both parties) to pay for a cubic meter, properly measured, of split well-seasoned softwood?

Collected by the purchaser at the place of processing.

Thanks.

Loose filled or neatly stacked? 

Larch, Douglas, Scots Pine, Spruce or something else? 

1 hour ago, coppice cutter said:

Loose, but would be well split and quite tight fitting.

Spruce primarily.

Lose and right fitting? How do you accomplish that? Short lengths and thinly Split? 

Im getting just shy of £50 a cube for Sawmill Scabs passed though a branch logger. They're 6" long and max 6" in height, generally 3" so as you mention, lose but tight fitting. Im selling them semi-seasoned out the back of this trailer delivered for fuel money+20% and they sell like hotcakes. 

As crazy as it may seem £100 for what you're selling should not be unfeasible, but when I offer folk what you're offering as an alternative to the Branch Logged Scabs they're not interested. 

2828568E-EB93-4F67-A06A-E8E47700FBE8.jpeg

1ABE9FC4-5104-4809-A591-CE2E5596E467.jpeg

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, coppice cutter said:

Anyone want to offer what would be a fair price (to both parties) to pay for a cubic meter, properly measured, of split well-seasoned softwood?

Collected by the purchaser at the place of processing.

Thanks.

Goes back to how much is it costing you.... machine processed and you have a processor to worry about, hand split and your time to worry about, did you buy in the wood or acquire it, what about your storage costs.

(I don't need to know the figures)

Place near me is dong softwood 'm3' bags for £115 just now, so the £100 above won't be too far wrong, didn't see a 'ready to burn' sticker on the advert so guess that is the cheaper end of things

I rarely sell any - personal use - but the other year was doing a 'car boot' of soft wood logs for £15 to £20 (depended on the reply to gumtree advert and if I liked the sound of them!), middle of summer and was selling them too cheap (this was maybe 0.4m3) so this is as an absolute minimum - had the whole drive covered with logs and needed space. All went in about 10 days.

And how much would I pay? Couple of pints and a cake do you? Think if I needed it, again £100 sounds OK to me... but make sure you don't make a loss.

• Like 1