best chain for electric chainsaw

herby1

Herby1 I know what you mean by stretch and I also get rather p****d of with the wrong terms being used but back to your original problem of the chain working loose.  The only way it can become loose is a list to check through, bar working loose, ie adjuster fault or the bar not being clamped correctly, incorrect bar/chain/sprocket combination, worn bar/sprockets or overheating which is any of the above or lack of oil. If all of the above seems to be in order get a new GOOD chain Oregon,Stihl etc. Someone already said go on to the chainsawbar web site, well worth spending a while reading through the site it's full of good information. Then order a chain from him, good service and parts. I think the chain is a 3/8" x 0.050" x 52 link low pro anti kick back chain like the Stihl PMC3 chain. (I use Stihl and can read their markings but some times i struggle with Oregon)

Before you tighten the the the nuts  fully make sure you have the bar in its upmost position . .lift the chain away from the bar , you should see about half the depth of a drive link .  tighten the bar nuts buy hand , hold the saw by the back handle and drop the tip onto a log and then fully tighten the bar nuts without taking the tip off the log . This way the bar will not move causing the chain to go slack .