Pump knackered ?

cordwood

I have an Ifor tipping trailer it has n't been used for a while. Today went to tip a load of rubble in a hole in my yard, went to tip it using the handset and nothing happened, just clicking like you would hear in a solenoid. The oil tank is full and the backup hand pump has no resistance, i assume that either the pump is shagged or one of the hoses is blocked with crud! What is the best way to find out?

Cheer's cordwood.

If a solenoid just clicks the it may not be getting the correct voltage. If the hand pump doesn't appear to have any resistance then the valve might be still open. I would check the valve, then also check that the electricpump works properly. What is the trailor rated to tip? I have overloaded tipping lorrys by asking too much of them with too big a load. Were you trying to tip too much gravel for the pump to handle?

try LS Uk for solinoids should be about £20 > you need one rated for a winch this will be ott but better. LS may be called delphi now they were lucas but went bust. For pumps and motors best place is harrier you will find them easy on ebay. They stock the exact make of pump as original about half the price of Ifor. Harrier are good for all hydraulic power packs and engine driven as well. The motors are prone to getting a little water which lays in the bottom brush and it seizes up sometimes if you strip you can clean and repair. I did run my pump with just 2 of the 4 brushes for months then it gave up so I bought complete as new pump and motor off ebay for £40. Sorry for long post makes a change to reply about something I know about. :thumbup1:

Mine has been doing that fior ages, but always tips in the end. The other day it was a bit of a wiggle of the plug/ socket for the remote control that got it going well. I reckon dirt and corrosion due to the location of the pump electrics has as much to do with it as anything else. If the solenoid is sticking just tap it..

Mine has been doing that fior ages, but always tips in the end. The other day it was a bit of a wiggle of the plug/ socket for the remote control that got it going well. I reckon dirt and corrosion due to the location of the pump electrics has as much to do with it as anything else. If the solenoid is sticking just tap it..

ditto here,my last trailer did it all the time after 3 years from new,i by-passed it in the end and it tipped on the isolating switch.stolen last year so replaced with an 18 month old one and now thats doing the same,good clean up and its fine all summer,they do get alot of cr*p in them,especially if off road and through mud etc in winter

I think a better fitting weather proof cover would help.

Well said,every time i tip mine and i see the grit sitting on the chassis and every where else i can see troble ahead in the tipping department.Winter is really harsh on the old ifors!:thumbdown: