Updating a PTO woodchipper

Hen1

I loved my Farmi 260 with infeed conveyor, but on something like Conifer you have to know how to get the best from it, to basically avoid the top feed roller getting totally wrapped with material, thus rendering it ineffective.

If I had stuck at this route, I’d have gone Heizohack, simply for their ability to seemingly always finish a shift and take in an extraordinary amount of absolute shite, but still get it through.

I had a little search and this actually came up with the additional top crush roller mod, which I would consider pretty essential for your needs.

WWW.4SEASONSTREECARE.CO.UK

Large Chipper for sale from 4 Seasons Tree Care in Thame. Contact us today.

One thing I have to say for Farmi is that they back their product 100% . I got cocked about by a dealer over here, got the factory involved in Finland and they had a bloke on the other end of the phone boxing up the parts as we spoke. They take their brand and product seriously.

• Like 2

If you got 100 at the shaft,  a GreenMech 220 would run okay in 1000 speed for the most part, less diesel, less smoke, less noise and they always been a right "crisp" chippervwith a good action and heavy rotor! Prior to working for GreenMech,  I had the predecessor on a Unimog 1250 - worked a treat! Get a demo of one!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Hill said:

One thing I have to say for Farmi is that they back their product 100% . I got cocked about by a dealer over here, got the factory involved in Finland and they had a bloke on the other end of the phone boxing up the parts as we spoke. They take their brand and product seriously.

I feel that I should expand on this a bit. I needed some parts here in Norway. Basic stuff that I would have expected a dealer to stock. I called the Farmi agent for Norway who lied, telling me his 6 week delivery time frame was due to the factory being shut for the summer? Then he went on to say that he could probably reduce the delivery time if I paid double, because he could get the parts from overseas?

You can deal directly with the factory if you like. You will pay the same price as you would through your local dealer plus postage, but you will deal with someone who knows the machines from top to bottom and your parts will be in the post the same day. Its the kind of genuine service and customer care that has mostly vanished today.

• Like 4