Timberwolf 125 stress. Control not working

Tree cutter

12 hours ago, Tree cutter said:

I’ve got a 125 Timberwolf and I think it’s the grey box that is causing the stress control problem it’s had a new sensor but I can’t seem to find a replacement box? Any help would be appreciated 

Have you cleaned the sensor? Mine stopped when it got some crud on the end, once cleaned it was ok. Also, depending on what box you have, is there any visible led lights on there that I dictate it's working?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tree cutter said:

Hi yes I’ve cleaned the sensor. the box is grey and has a green light on it which glows .but it just doesn’t kick in wires where wrapped together when I got the chipper but I separated them and still no joy don’t know if you can test the box or not?

Has the sensor distance to the flywheel been adjusted? I had a similar thing on an eliet shredder, it was set too far away. Also, when you drop revs, do feed rollers stop?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree cutter said:

Thanks yes the rollers still work on tick over. I’ll check the sensor does it need to be really close?

The rollers shouldn't rotate on tick over. Did you mean that? I had a similar issue where the stress system would kick in but took slightly too long for the rollers to continue feeding wood in and it was down to the sensor being the tiniest bit too far away from the flywheel. It is a very small gap between.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1