Pulling a trailer with tracked chipper

T14EES T14UNK

we had a 6 inch vairy track chipper on demmo for 3 weeks and we used it to pull trees over , tow the cabstar up a steepish slope , and drag timber lengths out of a woods . i recon that a tracked chipper would pull a small ish trailer , i guess it depends on how easily the trailer can get stuck with a full load on .

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true the loops on the TW are on the ends of the chassis and NOT on the undercarriage, thus encourage chassis bending up/down.

but most tracked chipper the undercarriage would be hard to reach with a trailer hitch

True indeed, so the best way to go is to fit a blade and put the hitch on that.

We were thinking of fixing an rsj across the chassis on a tracked tw190 , then fitting a ball hitch . We have a small towball mounted winch. It would pull a stuck trailer with a snatch block. I'm bit worried it would damage the chipper chassis now through.

Cheers for the input. Still not sure though. I was hoping to have some sort of bracket attched to the chassis so hopefully strength wouldn't be a problem although I didn't really think about the chassis actually breaking. I just wondered if it would have the hydraulic power to shift a full weighty trailer up a field.

I was once talking to somebody who said they had done it with an ifor tipper, down into a wood, filled up with chip and came out again no bother. That's the aim but it's only one person. And how many times can it be done before something breaks or wears out.

• 5 months later...
For a while now I've been thinking of putting a tow hitch on my A530t. Originally it was to make it easier moving the trailer around once you get to a job rather than heaving it around by hand. But I also thought about those caravan mover things.

Anyway, the other thing which would be useful would be to pull a tipping trailer with chip in it, out of the site and to the vehicle. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this. How does it cope with weight and what about uphill up a field for example.

Jensen / Redwood fit tow balls to the A530T for this operation but as with all eqpt you will be limted by the weight of the chipper and the power in the tracks as to the weight of trailer and the ground conditions you are travelling on. please drop me a pm with your number and I will get the mounting info for you.:thumbup1:

GreenMech have done this with 1928 and 220 models for some time. It is now standard fit on the new Mark2 version of the 1928. Same as other people have said. it's not there to pull a house over so just be fair to it! Same goes to other makes as well.