Terminator chainsaw Stump grinder - have you used one?

hamilton32

I dont have a stump grinder for my buisness yet i only started trading this year. I get asked about stump grinding surprisingly often and subby it all out. The smaller stumps with crap access I'm thinking of taking on myself with a small machine.

Are these Terminator stump grinder attachments for 66/88 any good? I guess it wouldn't take too long for it to pay for itself but are they limited to tiny stumps and small shrubs or could they ( with perseverance) tackle a hardwood stump from a medium sized tree? Is it best to just splash out on a Predator 360? I dont really want to take on more debt right now... 

I think they need a lot of perseverance and you probably better saving for a predator 360 or similar, it will get a lot more use. Second hand machines do come up for a couple of grand which would get you going - I did this which was good till it got stolen. Now I hire but I think I'm fortunate in having a hire firm just down the road.

Customers don't seem to mind the idea of leaving the stumps till I have a day grinding, four to six stumps minus a days hire is still pretty good arithmetic and I have no maintenance to do, just take it back dirty.

If you can't hide then in the current climate personally I'd continue subbing them out rather than take debt. May need the money for something essential like truck or chipper repairs.

• Thanks 1

I've got one and they are good for small/medium stumps just keep the teeth sharp and like has already been said they do take a bit of effort , did this oak this morning (size8 boot for scale) on site for about hour, 40mins or so grinding time and 20mins picking stones out &cleaning round stump, Inc small shrub taken out and tidy up. Was about to sell mine but having used it with set of new teeth decided to keep .

IMG_20220905_105750376.jpg

IMG_20220905_094609066.jpg

• Thanks 1