Schliesing 235 bottom roller.

MattyF

Any help full pointers in the bottom roller removal would be great !!
I’ve taken off the bottom plate and removed left side bearing…. Now I’ve got to the other side removed two bolts in the pic and the two hydraulic moter bolts thinking it would just slide out the spline … have I missed some thing or does it need some help with bar and mallet ? 

779D3221-91BC-4377-A6CE-12A52F6A0EAF.jpeg

17 hours ago, MattyF said:

Any help full pointers in the bottom roller removal would be great !!
I’ve taken off the bottom plate and removed left side bearing…. Now I’ve got to the other side removed two bolts in the pic and the two hydraulic moter bolts thinking it would just slide out the spline … have I missed some thing or does it need some help with bar and mallet ? 

779D3221-91BC-4377-A6CE-12A52F6A0EAF.jpeg

Any more pics? If it's similar to a tp, which, from your actions so far, it sounds like it is. 

It should come out of the bottom.  Is the shaft and roller all one piece? Is there adjustment on the shaft to centre the roller? Seem to remember struggling,  because it was tight, but when you get the angles right it comes without selecting the big hammer. So bloody heavy (the rollers) its a 2 man job, with only enough room for one

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply’s.

For future reference in case this comes up on google… there is no grub screw once the bolts are undone , just take an old screw driver and open up the spline or what ever it’s called and the hydraulic moter should slide off… well with the help of a bar! 
Noticed the bottom roller had just started to foul the side Mike and thought the roller bearing had collapsed … on closer inspection the bottom roller is starting to fail at the shaft.. this is the only issue I’ve had with schliesings, new one ordered and hopefully it will all be good for next week. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

49 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Thanks for the reply’s.

For future reference in case this comes up on google… there is no grub screw once the bolts are undone , just take an old screw driver and open up the spline or what ever it’s called and the hydraulic moter should slide off… well with the help of a bar! 
Noticed the bottom roller had just started to foul the side Mike and thought the roller bearing had collapsed … on closer inspection the bottom roller is starting to fail at the shaft.. this is the only issue I’ve had with schliesings, new one ordered and hopefully it will all be good for next week. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I remember now, (about the hydraulic motor). Ti's the same. Think kwik chip have them as well. Ah  well done anyway 👍

3 hours ago, Con said:

I remember now, (about the hydraulic motor). Ti's the same. Think kwik chip have them as well. Ah  well done anyway 👍

We will see , I’ve got to put it back together yet 😆… hopefully the hydraulic moters are not damaged too. 

• Like 1