One man band - mini digger and attachments

biscovey

I was going to follow doobin with a bobcat but these seem better Italian made and case are going to want to sell some can even come with three part arm,

you have to find a little niche to fit into get a 2.7 machine and hire in smaller if needed 

thought about loader to go with your hooka ? You can’t have too many machines ask doobin!

17 minutes ago, dumper said:

I was going to follow doobin with a bobcat but these seem better Italian made and case are going to want to sell some can even come with three part arm,

you have to find a little niche to fit into get a 2.7 machine and hire in smaller if needed 

thought about loader to go with your hooka ? You can’t have too many machines ask doobin!

Loader? do you mean like an Avant? Also any tips of a niche I could focus on with the 2.7.

Edited by biscovey

When you say you want attachments that pay, what’s the actual service you’re trying to provide?

Straightforward operated machine hire, and charge additional rates for attachments, or are you looking to take projects on in full and deliver them on price?

Interesting thread as several people have contacted me to ask advice as they’re going back down this route from larger setups, and others contacted me asking thoughts on cashing out, as they’re looking to go operating for others at current rates and bank any capital they can.

The thoughts of many I’ve spoken with given the astronomical price of new machines and attachments, is that the kit they currently have may have to last an awful lot longer, and things like Tiltrotators will be getting a rebuild and switched to the next machine rather than replaced.

The Sany/Liugongmachines have been flying out on price, and I’m not surprised!

A good mate just secured a hell of a Liugong setup with 5 years warranty and guaranteed buy back after 5 years!

Basically fixed his costs and about 8k cheaper than the manufacturer he’s currently with per unit.

Interesting times.

• Like 2

Avant multione or Sherpa skid style they are very useful and would go match your hooka , hiring to same customer base mini with flail or tree gear are a whole different customer

howvdo you get on with hooka I tried it really good on hard surfaces but not so clever in the mud loaded 

3 minutes ago, dumper said:

Avant multione or Sherpa skid style they are very useful and would go match your hooka , hiring to same customer base mini with flail or tree gear are a whole different customer

howvdo you get on with hooka I tried it really good on hard surfaces but not so clever in the mud loaded 

I have looked at the Avant, I wasnt so sure about them,thought the attachments were all light versions of the real thing, could be totally wrong, but I do like the concept, I am not interested in the self drive market, just as owner operator, just trying to find that niche, and keep coming back to the mini digger as the central bit of kit, I am in Cornwall

9 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

When you say you want attachments that pay, what’s the actual service you’re trying to provide?

Straightforward operated machine hire, and charge additional rates for attachments, or are you looking to take projects on in full and deliver them on price?

The first scenario LPG Eddie, just want to find a niche/owner operator, im not interested into getting into projects of any size really where I need employees.

25 minutes ago, biscovey said:

I have looked at the Avant, I wasnt so sure about them,thought the attachments were all light versions of the real thing, could be totally wrong, but I do like the concept, I am not interested in the self drive market, just as owner operator, just trying to find that niche, and keep coming back to the mini digger as the central bit of kit, I am in Cornwall

Talk to doobin about his multione very versatile in my opinion better than a mini, you can hire minis few hire loaders , also look at tracked neither of these replace a tractor on big jobs but on small fiddly ones they really give a tractor a run attachments are good plus you can hire them in 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dumper said:

Talk to doobin about his multione very versatile in my opinion better than a mini, you can hire minis few hire loaders , also look at tracked neither of these replace a tractor on big jobs but on small fiddly ones they really give a tractor a run attachments are good plus you can hire them in 

will do then, thankyou, 

1 hour ago, LGP Eddie said:

Interesting thread as several people have contacted me to ask advice as they’re going back down this route from larger setups, and others contacted me asking thoughts on cashing out, as they’re looking to go operating for others at current rates and bank any capital they can.

The thoughts of many I’ve spoken with given the astronomical price of new machines and attachments, is that the kit they currently have may have to last an awful lot longer, and things like Tiltrotators will be getting a rebuild and switched to the next machine rather than replaced.

The Sany/Liugongmachines have been flying out on price, and I’m not surprised!

A good mate just secured a hell of a Liugong setup with 5 years warranty and guaranteed buy back after 5 years!

Basically fixed his costs and about 8k cheaper than the manufacturer he’s currently with per unit.

Interesting times.

There a reason they are 8k cheaper! I wouldnt touch one with a bardgepole