Quick and easy chip box

Steve Bullman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a new pump on mine last year, pretty pricey, I think i'm probably asking too much of it the chipper weighs 1.5 ton and I think thats what slows it down, its not bad without the chipper, even with a big load. Mine's an X reg with a transit engine I dont know if the new ones are different.

it used to be, had it in the garage last week, had a problem with the bushings in the injector pump or something, common fault apparently....runs great now.

Heard of that one too Steve, something to do with the throttle spindle connections.

Landrover 130s are pretty good at pulling, and carry the weight well. Just remember the 130 is beefed up the 110 isn't so will not carry weight as good.

Mine has just had a new engine in and a brand new uncalibrated injector pump whic is the reason I got it cheap.

Plenty of power but smokes too much so I'm now off to take the front of the landy off and remove the injector pump to take it down in the morning for calibration.

Bloke says he will calibrate it the same as a disco which will give it slightly more power.

Will post results on tuesday when it goes back together

Landrover 130s are pretty good at pulling, and carry the weight well. Just remember the 130 is beefed up the 110 isn't so will not carry weight as good.

Bloke says he will calibrate it the same as a disco which will give it slightly more power.

Will post results on tuesday when it goes back together

110's are pointless as tippers for arb work, not only are they not beefed up they also have a lower Gross vehicle weight than the 130. A 130 Grosses 3500kg a 110 3050kg.

What engine you had?

110's are pointless as tippers for arb work, not only are they not beefed up they also have a lower Gross vehicle weight than the 130. A 130 Grosses 3500kg a 110 3050kg.

What engine you had?

300tdi.

My mates just blown his TD5 for the second time!!

I think 300tdis are straight forward and easy repairs, I've got the pump off now ready for monday morning.

What engine you had?

a 110 is 3500kg with HD coil springs & 3050kg standard coil springs.

the 110 Heavy Duty & 130 use the same coil springs ;)

a 110 is 3500kg with HD coil springs & 3050kg standard coil springs.

the 110 Heavy Duty & 130 use the same coil springs ;)

You are right that a HD 110 is avliable though I have only ever seen 1 secondhand 110 HD pick up for sale, they are rare. Not even the Hicap pickup is 3500kg as standard. Land Rover have only just realised its a a good idea to list the HD option on the standard spec list pre 07 110 defenders had to go through LRSV to get the HD option.

There are lots of ex leccy board HD 110 hardtops about but converting to a standard pick up isn't easy as a lot will have been chopped away to accomadate shutters. so a conversion isn't really cost effective. A 130 is easier to convert to tipper/pick up and will go eveywhere that a working 110 will need to.

You'll find on closer examination there is a bit more to a HD than just coil springs. The chassis is over plated like a 130 and it will also have a 130 clutch these are different to a 110 clutch they are bigger spindle (I know as some numpty fitter put the wrong clutch in mine)

300tdi.

My mates just blown his TD5 for the second time!!

I think 300tdis are straight forward and easy repairs, I've got the pump off now ready for monday morning.

I agree stick with the 300tdi. I really wish my 200Tdi wasn't written off I prefer'd that to the 300. Interested to see how you get on with the pump.