trackers

bill

im thinking about putting a tracker on my chipper. does anyone else have one? not sure which one to buy.

I like the idea of those you can track yourself online using mobile phone technology.

They are good in the fact that you can get there before the police :icon14:

Apparently, there is just the initial purchase of the unit and a small monthly line rental, then it's so many pence per track.

I like the idea of those you can track yourself online using mobile phone technology.

They are good in the fact that you can get there before the police :icon14:

Apparently, there is just the initial purchase of the unit and a small monthly line rental, then it's so many pence per track.

you cant stop the pikies stealing the chipper but you can get them nicked and get your chipper back. im going to get one fitted. ive seen ones that link up to google earth.

We had a chipper knicked with a tracker on...i rang them within 30 mins of it being stolen and it was never recovered.....this could tell you three things

1 Pikies know how to deactive them.

2 the police dont give a **** and theres no way they are going on a notorius site to recover 1 chipper.

3 they cant be bothered to co ordinate any effort or resourses when the stolen machine switches county.

I like the idea of the one you can track your self then YOU could go and get it back...

Okay, there are several different types of tracker, but remember that space is limited on a chipper and try to hide it with steel and you create a "faradays cage" in which the transmitted signal cannot get out. Another thought is that, if its pinched on a friday night, the low lifes have all weekend to look for it and drop it in water. The best plan is prevention. We had a demonstration machine shipped to Ireland, the port authorities refused to let it on the boat because the paperwork did not include the bumpf from "Thiefbeaters".

Okay, there are several different types of tracker, but remember that space is limited on a chipper and try to hide it with steel and you create a "faradays cage" in which the transmitted signal cannot get out. Another thought is that, if its pinched on a friday night, the low lifes have all weekend to look for it and drop it in water. The best plan is prevention. We had a demonstration machine shipped to Ireland, the port authorities refused to let it on the boat because the paperwork did not include the bumpf from "Thiefbeaters".

In my day to day work I fit tracker's to vehicles for fleet management purposes,(spy in the cab.) I have fitted a traker to a council chipper. The biggest problem is mounting the tracker in a hidden waterproof location & getting a gps signal from the aerial.

The new gps technology is improving all the time. The latest Sirf 3 chips are a big improvement. They dont seen to be affected by the faraday cage affect, so you can hide the trackers in more remote locations.

Hope thhis helps

Martin

im thinking about putting a tracker on my chipper. does anyone else have one? not sure which one to buy.

we were talking about this today, a lot of our kit was nicked a few weeks ago and now we are worried about the chipper going.

found this link to a tracking unit, not too expensive either considering how much it costs to replace a chipper.

http://www.paralleltrack.co.uk/index.php?p=trackbox

Whoa. Hang on a minute... spy what? Camera or just a tracker?

Good god the number of times I slept in the transit through the middle of the day... Rumbled :D

Just a tracker, but it records your location, the ignition on's & off's & speed. So your boss can watch you on a moving map image on his PC. It's all very big brother.

I've heard stories of bosses turning up next to there parked up van, only to find the driver a sleep. Lets just say they dont work there anymore.

Martin