Advice: Which Stump Grinder for my Small Business

Jamie Jones

On 22/05/2022 at 15:54, jfc said:

I have a fsi b20, small but does 95%+ of stumps we do. Weighs about 130kg, which means we can get it up steps etc in places big machines can't go. There are benefits with a small light machine. Obviously not as powerful as the tracked ones etc but we make it work.

Same here, our B20 does sterling work and is very profitable.

I have been lucky enough to find a motivated subby with a Bandit 75hp machine for larger stump jobs.

I string jobs together and we do a grand tour.

There are days I have cleared 2k after paying my colleague.

Sadly it has been 3 months since I last won a stump job...

Stuart

• Like 1

Don’t by anything without drive to the wheels. First job on  slope / bank you’ll regret it. 
loading is so much easier too. 

dosko / danequip are good.  Hydraulic drive. 27hp.  I don’t care much for the Kohler engines but parts are easy to find online when needed. 

pred 38 good as it will tackle the big stuff easily but the track base slides in to get you through a standard gate.  Tend to be good value second hand.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Same here, our B20 does sterling work and is very profitable.

I have been lucky enough to find a motivated subby with a Bandit 75hp machine for larger stump jobs.

I string jobs together and we do a grand tour.

There are days I have cleared 2k after paying my colleague.

Sadly it has been 3 months since I last won a stump job...

Stuart

Same here - predator 360 does the majority of the jobs, HB20 comes out when access is wide enough and the extra power will speed the job up. Grinding is probably the most profitable work we do but like you sadly not much about lately ☹️

• Like 1