ART positioner

Hilux

Hi,

I’m new to tree work and still trying to find me best climbing setup.

I’m happy with the zigzag for my main climber and use a 10m hipstar flex as a working/second line, I trained on two lines and like the security for now👍
but the more time I spend in the canopy the more I’m getting confident and will move to a shorter line with a redirect, I like the sound of a ART positioner but can’t find any info on if it can take a spliced eye or will I need to remove the side plate?

cheers

Hi,

I’m happy with the zigzag for my main climber and use a 10m hipstar flex as a working/second line, I trained on two lines and like the security for now[emoji106]

but the more time I spend in the canopy the more I’m getting confident and will move to a shorter line with a redirect, I like the sound of a ART positioner but can’t find any info on if it can take a spliced eye or will I need to remove the side plate?

cheers

You can remove the cam.

I usually buy a 7m one of these and cut it in half so I have a spare lanyard and stop knot and seal together after I've threaded the positioner

WWW.FRJONESANDSON.CO.UK

On 19/02/2022 at 19:33, Hilux said:

Hi,

I’m happy with the zigzag for my main climber and use a 10m hipstar flex as a working/second line, I trained on two lines and like the security for now👍

cheers

Nothing wrong with 2 lines.

I wouldn't limit your self to only having a short or long strop etc. I have a 50m 30m 17m 10m 5m & 2.5m rope and choice which rope/combination of ropes is best for the job

The ART positioner look good as a side strop attachment but if your using it on a second line you wont be able to ascend it if you climb SRT. It is rated for a single line though so good for extending your strop to get a better work position

A couple of options for that would be an Akimbo as it can swap between double or single rope easy. or a VT with an easily attachable rope wrench should you want to convert to SRT mid climb. Thats all asuming you climb on single line mind

Hey,

I originally had a 5m hipstar flex but bought a 10m line and swapped it over, works great but the distal I am using with the pinto pulley I bought doesn’t bite consistency, prob me but will try the vt before buying the art.

it’s a bloody minefield of kit and opinions😂

cheers

3 hours ago, Hilux said:

Hey,

I originally had a 5m hipstar flex but bought a 10m line and swapped it over, works great but the distal I am using with the pinto pulley I bought doesn’t bite consistency, prob me but will try the vt before buying the art.

it’s a bloody minefield of kit and opinions😂

cheers

I started on distal as that was what we were shown on my CS38, I tended to find it binds especially when all my weight on. VT is good in that you can vary the number of wraps according to your weight and doesn't bind. Some people seem to like the Knut but I also found that bind, worth trying though.

You may have to try a couple of different hitch cords too, I'm on 8mm teufelberger as fits in pinto better.