Energy costs

eggsarascal

It'll all change when Mrs Boris Johnson is winkled out of Downing Street and goes off to tell her husband what to write in his memoirs. Then we need a grown up in charge so we can start fracking and building mini nuclear plants. And morons who glue themselves to the road and disrupt public transport or vandalise statues can thrown in jail where they belong. 

At least that's the theory. We must hope for the best. And for that grown up to appear from somewhere.

Edited by Gimlet

12 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

It'll all change when Mrs Boris Johnson is winkled out of Downing Street and goes off to tell her husband what to write in his memoirs. Then we need a grown up in charge so we can start fracking and building mini nuclear plants. And morons who glue themselves to the road and disrupt public transport or vandalise statues can thrown in jail where they belong. 

At least that's the theory. We must hope for the best. And for that grown up to appear from somewhere.

Funny isn't it, she's nothing to do with the running of Downing St yet she's picture at all the 'work meetings', not parties.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hodge said:

So people who have different opinions and views to yours are wrong? Mmmmmm yeah ok

That’s generally how things work. You clearly think my opinion is wrong. Why is it ok for you to think my opinion is wrong but I’m not allowed to think others are not?

I’m more than happy to people to have other opinions though, the big difference is I’m not trying to force my will on those people. 

• Like 3

That’s generally how things work. You clearly think my opinion is wrong. Why is it ok for you to think my opinion is wrong but I’m not allowed to think others are not?

I’m more than happy to people to have other opinions though, the big difference is I’m not trying to force my will on those people. 

My opinion has nothing to do with it, I just find your attitude towards people that have a differing opinion to you quite childish. I knew I would be in for it by asking the question. But hey that's just my opinion [emoji6]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Funny isn't it, she's nothing to do with the running of Downing St yet she's picture at all the 'work meetings', not parties.

If you think about the time line, Boris went from a conservative to a social democrat green at exactly the time Carrie moved in to no. 10 and Dominic Cummings moved out. And it was she who was instrumental in getting rid of him and selecting the Downing St aids who replaced him. And when did all the parties start? Cummings wasn't throwing knees-ups and sending out for wine. That began under Mrs Johnson's watch. And who organised Boris's birthday party? It wasn't the foreign secretary or Lord Frost and Boris didn't organise it himself. He's well known for not being able to organise a brewery piss-up, never mind an office one. And it's unlikely he would have ordered his own birthday cake.

Also, so former aids have claimed, Carrie sits in at Downing Street briefings. Why? Did Dennis Thatcher, Norma Major or Samantha Cameron sit in and give their opinions at Prime Ministerial meetings? I doubt it (Cherie Blair probably did).

A prime minister discussing things with his wife at the end of the day, like anyone else would, is to be expected. A PM's spouse being present at high level government meetings and getting involved in discussions and decision making is a different matter altogether. 

Edited by Gimlet

8 minutes ago, Hodge said:

My opinion has nothing to do with it, I just find your attitude towards people that have a differing opinion to you quite childish. I knew I would be in for it by asking the question. But hey that's just my opinion emoji6.png

You knew you’d be in for it?

Good grief, I replied in a respectful way which I suspect is not what you where hoping for but I guess you had your retort already planned out so you had to went with it anyway. 

My point stands though, you have an opinion that differs from mine. You’ve voiced that a few times now. But that’s ok, since it’s your opinion, but according to you I’m not allowed a differing opinion from those who try to force their opinion on a sizeable portion of the global population. Your argument is nonsensical. 

4 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

If you think about the time line, Boris went from a conservative to a social democrat green at exactly the time Carrie moved in and Dominic Cummings moved out. 

Also, so former aids have said, she is at Downing Street briefings. Why? Did Dennis Thatcher, Norma Major or Samantha Cameron sit in and give their opinions at Prime Ministerial meetings? I doubt it (Cherie Blair probably did).

A prime minister discussing things with his wife at the end of the day, like anyone else would, is to be expected. A PM's spouse being present at high level government meetings and getting involved in discussions and decision making is a different matter altogether. 

Until him and her are got rid of this country will be in a mess, the bloke couldn't lie straight in bed, and she's his 'wingman'. He did it again the other day over Starmer and Savile, he knows it's BS. Yes Starmer was in charge, but would he know what all his six and half thousand staff were doing each day?

Johnsons own ministers are calling him out over it because they know it's rubbish.

Good grief, I replied in a respectful way which I suspect is not what you where hoping for but I guess you had your retort already planned out so you had to went with it anyway. 

My point stands though, you have an opinion that differs from mine. You’ve voiced that a few times now. But that’s ok, since it’s your opinion, but according to you I’m not allowed a differing opinion from those who try to force their opinion on a sizeable portion of the global population. Your argument is nonsensical. 

Oh dear, and you think saying people wank off over the rule makers is respectful?? I bet you could start an argument in an empty room.
  • Like 2

Oh dear, and you think saying people wank off over the rule makers is respectful?? I bet you could start an argument in an empty room.

5 minutes ago, Hodge said:

What kind of Strawman reply is that?

Anyway, let’s not clutter up this thread any further. It’s clear you’re itching for the argument you ran through in the shower this morning but I’ve better things to do today. 

• Like 1