Rebated duty fuel ----RED DIESEL----

treequip

There is a large veg company down here who have just been heavily fined for running tractors pulling cauliflower rigs using red diesel, and now all their tractors run on DERV. It nearly crippled them..

And if you ran a legitimate haulage company, with all the associated expenses of taxes, insurance, derv etc, then you'd get more than a little p*ssed off if your main competition consisted of some $h1t kicker up the road running a fleet of Fastracs on Red.:thumbdown:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is talk of scrapping the whole red diesel thing and everyone run on white and farmers etc claiming rebate at the end of the year. .

This will happen sooner rather than later IMHO, to bring us into line with the rest of Europe. There have been complaints that British farmers and fishermen have an unfair commercial advantage (ha ha) by using subsidised fuel.

Tracked/wheeled self-propelled chippers/stump grinders on the road would be plant IF it were taxed as such and displayed number plates along with a tax disk and had valid vehicular insurance for use on the public road!

This was a tow behind!!

And if you ran a legitimate haulage company, with all the associated expenses of taxes, insurance, derv etc, then you'd get more than a little p*ssed off if your main competition consisted of some kicker up the road running a fleet of Fastracs on Red.:thumbdown:

I totally agree, and think it is high time that time was called on a lot of farmers. The tractors in question were only going into a field and picking up a trailer. A telehandler could be put in the field, or a tractor and loader, and the lorry loaded straight away fronm there. This is what will happen in future i think. You ever heard of H N Sillifant..Haulier...:sneaky2:

This will happen sooner rather than later IMHO, to bring us into line with the rest of Europe. There have been complaints that British farmers and fishermen have an unfair commercial advantage (ha ha) by using subsidised fuel.

Just something else for those two face barstewards on the continent to whinge about.:sneaky2:

Just something else for those two face barstewards on the continent to whinge about.:sneaky2:[/quote

I know its the in thing here to slag off everything that emanates from across the ditch, but they're only doing what they were elected to do - mainly look after their voters best interests.

In the UK, it doesn't seem to matter which shade of political party is in charge, if your not involved in banking or finance you can go hang! :sneaky2:

People should look a little closer to home as to where to direct their fire, successive governments have sold the working man down the river in order to protect and promote their chosen industry. If only a political party over here would take a leaf out of some EU countries books - and give some credence to the needs of the average man, instead of the financial w@nk3r$.:cursing:

I agree with you, but to say they have an unfair advantage is BS compared to the advantages that are enjoyed by french farmers and spanish fishermen, who between them have done just as much damage to the respctive industries as they have benefitted from the same actions. Ok so we have red diesel in fishing boats and tractors.......they have comapritavely unrestricted fishing rights in eu waters compared to the uk fiching fleet which has dwindled to almost nothing as a result, and many eu farmers run on rapeseed oil/ veg oil in their tractors anyway, which is far cheaper than red diesel, so to be fair it is swings and roundabouts, its just that the europeans are better at voicing their problems and making a fuss about it.

Having said that i do wholeheartedly agree with you Steve.

Your a bit out of date.

The most recent version for off-road is BS 2869:2006 "Fuel oils for agricultural, domestic and industrial engines and boilers - Specification". At the time of introduction, the sulphur limit was 2000 mg/kg, but this reduced to 1000 mg/kg at the start of 2008. The specification allows up to 5% bio fuel (FAME) by volume. In Fuels for engine use, the pure FAME must conform to EN 14214, which is the same FAME specification as used for on-road fuels. Sulphur will reduce to 10 mg/kg (same as on-road fuels in EN590) from January 2011, although there is a waiver on this to January 2012 for rail, agriculture and forestry

So yes its still slightly worse than red (before it was much worse) but very soon will be the same.

i got stopped in april in my mog.some mogs arnt registered as agricultural vehicles,mine is.hmrc said its not a tractor..i agreed..its a agricultural machine.after 2 hours on the side of the road,i offered 2 pay 500pound fine,but they refused to take it.they said they didnt know if i was in the wrong.after reading me my rights{none},nine months later,they,re fining me £1100.cheers madge.i think they fine you the cost of their resources,looking into you.the police say you are innocent till proven guilty...hmrc say you are guilty till proven innocent..fact.they prefer you runnin avery overloaded tranny,as long as its on white.its all about the coin.