Bit of a "wild card" question. How best to Hoover up polystyrene insulation from a roofspsce

difflock

5 minutes ago, Gav73 said:

I had a similar flashback to when I was a kid. Me, my brother and 2 cousins jumping from the top of the stairs onto a beanbag in the hallway - Christ knows how we didn’t kill ourselves and why didn’t our parents stop us??emoji848.png

Anyway beanbag burst, polystyrene balls all up the walls and ceiling and I can remember my mum hoovering the walls and ceiling every day for about a week to get rid of them all emoji23.png

Those were the days! Did similar with 2 brothers I was mates with. At their farmhouse the bedroom on 2nd floor had a balcony, we put several mattress below and did stunt jumps all afternoon. Remember the Dad coming round at one point with a sheet to put under them muttering about keep the bed clean then just left us to it 

• Like 3

On 04/12/2021 at 20:06, difflock said:

The daughter's house where the previous owner filled between the joists with broken up polystyrene and polystyrene beads.

A shallow roof and a 2nd low placed purloin make access to the eves rather difficult.

I figure "hoovering" to be the only practical method, but need a BIG bag or collector.

Thoughts please.

I bought a dual bag chip extractor off of ebay for £300, each bag is 220l. Couple that with a 10-20m hose and you'd have the job done in a day. Someone in the loft with the hose. Someone at the bottom changing out bags. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1