Tpo!

DontLookDown

Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone could help me out with something that has been puzzling me for a while now?

If I am asked to carry out work on a tree by my employer, and later find out the tree has a T.P.O. who is to blame? Is it me as the person carrying out the work or my employer for his negligence?

Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone could help me out with something that has been puzzling me for a while now?

If I am asked to carry out work on a tree by my employer, and later find out the tree has a T.P.O. who is to blame? Is it me as the person carrying out the work or my employer for his negligence?

Both & the customer too

Customer is liable for asking you to commit an offence, Your boss for taking the work, you should be in the clear if it's your bosses job to check for tpo's, but I'd cover you're ass by asking him in front of others if he's checked!.

Don't you just love the a*se covering culture we live in!

:thumbsdown:

the customer will get the biggest fine followed by your boss. get the number off the tree officer and call him if you are worried about a tree. he will tell you over the phone if its got a tpo on it.

the customer will get the biggest fine followed by your boss. get the number off the tree officer and call him if you are worried about a tree. he will tell you over the phone if its got a tpo on it.

I would not be impressed if any one working for me was ringing the T/O behind my back,if you don't trust you're boss find a new job imho:wave:

I would not be impressed if any one working for me was ringing the T/O behind my back,if you don't trust you're boss find a new job imho:wave:

I hear what your saying, but i have taken down 2 tpo'd trees within a cons area. The tree officer turned up and I managed to sweet talk them out of a financial bollocking. The advise from a tree officer was to always call or have written permision. Not something I want to go through again as this was a genuine mistake by the comp I was subbing for... :wave:

i agree but jobs arent always that easy to find. i think that a climber is within his/her rights to call a TO about a tree that he has doubts on. the customer could be the one who is lying. we dont all work for fine characters like yourself.