Arb-Mycota what do you want from books?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a basic concept

[ATTACH]58155[/ATTACH]

All looking good Tony and great to see you have made a start.......remember that any book, design, song, etc etc can take many forms before it is right. to use an apt metaphor....the seed is planted, it then sprouts and continues to grow, it blossoms.! Its early days but you are on the path.

Well done mate.:thumbup:

Using the beefsteak as an example what about advise for further investigations.? You say failure is low significance except in later stages with multi stemmers etc........On seeing a fruiting body especially with a target it is recommended to investigate further to record the extent of the decay? as with other fungal species?

All looking good Tony and great to see you have made a start.......remember that any book, design, song, etc etc can take many forms before it is right. to use an apt metaphor....the seed is planted, it then sprouts and continues to grow, it blossoms.! Its early days but you are on the path.

Well done mate.:thumbup:

Using the beefsteak as an example what about advise for further investigations.? You say failure is low significance except in later stages with multi stemmers etc........On seeing a fruiting body especially with a target it is recommended to investigate further to record the extent of the decay? as with other fungal species?

That should all be basicaly standard VTA proceedure and will be covered in the front section, im trying to keep this as compact and uncomplicated as possible.

do you really feel more is warranted?

That should all be basicaly standard VTA proceedure and will be covered in the front section, im trying to keep this as compact and uncomplicated as possible.

do you really feel more is warranted?

Not if it is covered in the front section......its just not everybody is au fait with VTA procedure.........as i said all looking good:thumbup:

Anything i can help with then let me know eh??? Pretty good on text/photo layout stuff, design layout etc. Have a couple of friends in the printing industry when it gets to that stage for proof copies etc......you know where i am.:001_smile:

Not if it is covered in the front section......its just not everybody is au fait with VTA procedure.........as i said all looking good:thumbup:

Anything i can help with then let me know eh??? Pretty good on text/photo layout stuff, design layout etc. Have a couple of friends in the printing industry when it gets to that stage for proof copies etc......you know where i am.:001_smile:

feel free to play around with the page and slam it in here

heres a word version, was too big apparently:sneaky2:

I would also say that anyone who is at a level to be looking into the significance of fungi and the implications SHOULD be well versed in VTA in fact VTA is the basis of so much of our work, from risk assesments for climbing/rigging operations to regular saftey surveys.

I am going to look into offering VTA workshops, much work to be done in doing so and may be a long time coming. But it is something I thoroughly enjoy as a subject and I have always enjoyed showing others the languages to be heard if we open our minds.

Thanks for the conversion Hama, will continue to follow this thread with great interest. I agree with Sean here. It would be good to get a bit more detail as to recommendations of further investigations, and also maybe actions that can be taken. With fistulina would you recommend reduction or pollarding especially where targets are a concern? Maybe a bit more detail regarding what point it is considered to be "advanced" etc. As it is, it is still a book I would be very interested in reading.

ok so where sort of getting a clear image here, that what you guys need is good solid practical guidence on what to do to "manage" these decay scenarios.

Fistulina is certainly easily managed with reduction work.

my biggest problem with what your asking me to do is space! seriously if I go into as much detail as would be required to cover the subject in THAT level of detail this book would be one fungi per volume!

whilst that may be viable for later editions it will only be viable at a high unit cost.

what I am trying to do here is provide a simple identification and potential implication stand point, managing decay is well documented by the likes of Fay, ted green etc, but really i shall see if I can cover this under a succinct chapter entitled decay management

• 2 weeks later...

Ive re worked this a little, and will work it some more, im really hoping it will be a page of writing and a page of images so it is covering each fungi on an open page/s rather than turning to a third so succinct is the order of the day. there is room for a little more depth in this format but I feel a danger in cluttering the pages?

At the end of the day this HAS to be right for you guys out there working day to day, we will work till this page is the format for all the others.:thumbup1:

Fistulina hepatica.pdf

If i was wanting to buy a book ...Fungal decay strategies ,simplified .... Maybe listing of are basic tree's with common pathogen decay fungi with nice colour photos and brief description of (that you seem to get spot on) and there importance , I would buy that...