Jump to content
Lumberjackmike767

Ms 200t problems not staying running and barely idles and revs high then cuts out

Recommended Posts

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help I have a old ms200t I brought a while ago it starts but cuts out and bogs I was just wondering if anyone new what to look for or if there was anywhere close to hitchin I could send it ? Thanks in advance 

Edited by Lumberjackmike767
Misinformation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lumberjackmike767 said:

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help I have a old ms200t I brought a while ago it starts but cuts out and bogs I was just wondering if anyone new what to look for or if there was anywhere close to hitchin I could send it ? Thanks in advance 

Could be any number of things .  The little gauze filter in the carb blocked possibly . Impuls line detatched / split etc etc ...Also you might get more suggestions if the title of your thread was something like . .. "200t problems " or similar rather than just your user name .  Spud will have a list of things to check if he spots your thread .

Edited by Stubby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who do you work for? I am taking it that you are Hitchin in Herts?

I am asking as you are local to me!

Edited by spudulike
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spudulike said:

Who do you work for? I am taking it that you are Hitchin in Herts?

I am asking as you are local to me!

I use to work for dave at langley logs I believe I have met you a few times before and I contacted you a while back about my last employers saws but managed to lose your number and never got back to you which I apologise for, I now work for thors trees in potters bar. However the 200t is is my personal saw I brought to tinker with. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stubby said:

Could be any number of things .  The little gauze filter in the carb blocked possibly . Impuls line detatched / split etc etc ...Also you might get more suggestions if the title of your thread was something like . .. "200t problems " or similar rather than just your user name .  Spud will have a list of things to check if he spots your thread .

Sorry it was my first ever post thanks for letting me know and when I disassembled my carb, the gauze wasn't there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lumberjackmike767 said:

Sorry it was my first ever post thanks for letting me know and when I disassembled my carb, the gauze wasn't there

No apology needed matey . Just trying to help . looks like spud might help if you are near him .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lumberjackmike767 said:

.... when I disassembled my carb, the gauze wasn't there

oh good, someone's been in there already,  messed with it....not in a good way. That will need a thorough going through (or new carb). A bit of luck with location 👍 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, bmp01 said:

oh good, someone's been in there already,  messed with it....not in a good way. That will need a thorough going through (or new carb). A bit of luck with location 👍 

I know the thing is its still the original carb with the accelrator pump 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lumberjackmike767 said:

I use to work for dave at langley logs I believe I have met you a few times before and I contacted you a while back about my last employers saws but managed to lose your number and never got back to you which I apologise for, I now work for thors trees in potters bar. However the 200t is is my personal saw I brought to tinker with. 

 

 

OK, yes, I remember, I think you picked up the 280 and the 461 that I split and did the crank on.

Just PM me if you want it done. It is probably the carb and I fix the vast majority of them. 

It would probably benefit from a full rebuild but choice is yours. Just PM me if interested.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lumberjackmike767 said:

I know the thing is its still the original carb with the accelrator pump 

New genuine wouId have accel pump too...

If you want to keep the original carb,  take it to Spud, best person to get it back to original spec and test it. Plenty of advice on here but you might end up chasing your tail if you're not familiar with it or dont have vauuum / pressure test eqpt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.