What does it cost to be a tree surgeon?

Albedo

£2.5k a week to stand still !!! :confused1: i think you need a new calculater mate, no wonder you went tits up :001_huh:

I dont know what you mean by stand still? that was wages for me and a groundie, new truck and chipper at five year intervals constant CPD and training, advertising, accountancy etc?

I went tits up because I threw everything I had into it, I was "avoiding" the critical thing to keep my costs down, tools cover and after getting hit four times for the saws and hedge gear blowers that stuff, I had maxed out on C-cards and all my stash. that was over a twelve 18month period, it was targeted because i had over three years sown my local area up pretty much and the "local camps" didnt like it! the last straw was the van and chipper from outside the house, finished me off.

during this period of being hounded, I was on/off then splitting with an abusive alchaholic GF, my elderly uncle whom I cared for and had lived with for ten years (learning Impaired guy/downes poss) contracted liver cancer and died within two weeks of diagnosis. I then had to fight my mother and her sister for possesion and had to mortgage the house to stay in my home.

I then walked into my docs broke down in tears and asked for a shrink before I went (already had!) completley off the rails.

My business was a raging succses untill these sorry unfortunate and life changing situations that all came at once, most people would have failed to keep fighting so i think i can be justifiably proud of myself for still being here, alive and well and looking at my career again!:biggrin:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is an argument in my thread the hit rate will be huge, especially involving me and hama, we both attract the car crash reaction.

I reckon Hama was just expressing his view from his experience, which is what was asked for, and we all know they got more money than sense down south anyway. (not you hama, the customers)

I would also add that efficiency is a skill like any other, a quick and efficient climbergroundie combo is going to be able to outcompete a lesser crew, Whilst some of us can do 2 V/large reductions a day others will be pushing 1 maybe 1 and a half, they might have to charge 350 a day cos its going to take them the best part of two days, wheras a better crew will charge 600 for the one day and still be cheper!

I dont know what you mean by stand still? that was wages for me and a groundie, new truck and chipper at five year intervals constant CPD and training, advertising, accountancy etc?

I went tits up because I threw everything I had into it, I was "avoiding" the critical thing to keep my costs down, tools cover and after getting hit four times for the saws and hedge gear blowers that stuff, I had maxed out on C-cards and all my stash. that was over a twelve 18month period, it was targeted because i had over three years sown my local area up pretty much and the "local camps" didnt like it! the last straw was the van and chipper from outside the house, finished me off.

during this period of being hounded, I was on/off then splitting with an abusive alchaholic GF, my elderly uncle whom I cared for and had lived with for ten years (learning Impaired guy/downes poss) contracted liver cancer and died within two weeks of diagnosis. I then had to fight my mother and her sister for possesion and had to mortgage the house to stay in my home.

I then walked into my docs broke down in tears and asked for a shrink before I went (already had!) completley off the rails.

My business was a raging succses untill these sorry unfortunate and life changing situations that all came at once, most people would have failed to keep fighting so i think i can be justifiably proud of myself for still being here, alive and well and looking at my career again!:biggrin:

was your kit not insured ???? if so what was the prob, you get paid out you get new kit ,!!!!!!!!1