kerf for ripper37

Tippin Alaybye

51 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

The blade. If you are on about the grinding disc it what came with it

ok cool.

Would be very interested to see how you've been avoiding removing the top of the next tooth with the standard grinding stone. Perhaps the cam has been changed in the last few years? 

Do you get a nice gullet cut with the Cam on the Ripper Bands? 

On 18/04/2021 at 15:04, Tippin Alaybye said:

Give me a clue!

0.085/2.16mm

Dakin Flathers replied to my enquiry

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Set amount from the factory is .0215” per side. Kerf is 2 x .0215” + blade thickness (I don’t know the thickness you are using).

Regards,

Matt

my blade is 0.042"

Edited by Tippin Alaybye
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

Dakin Flathers replied to my enquiry

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Set amount from the factory is .0215” per side. Kerf is 2 x .0215” + blade thickness (I don’t know the thickness you are using).

Regards,

Matt

my blade is 0.042"

That is surprising. I was sure I was told the Rippers in .042" thick stock where a total of 1/8". Its what my Mill is set up for as well, hmmmmmmm. 

can u post some pics of what you are doing with the metal putty?

u r obviously more of a handy andy than i am

IMG_1907.thumb.jpg.5a50dccfd3dd8cdccf7377cd7c96df3a.jpgIMG_1906.thumb.jpg.e732d643a6d3635c59bdccb32a9e3a5b.jpg

I’m not sure how to embed vids here?

But with the template I bought you can see that from the original Cam how much meat needed removed and also where it was needed. Where it was needed I found the template did not have near enough of a hump to ramp the grinder up quick enough.

I powered the grinder on and off and isolated the ‘ramp’ area that needed more of a hump then added metal putty to this area. Let it cook off then marked around the template and used that as a guide for how much extra meat to leave on.

I never finished as I had to go off shore, but I’m getting there. If ramping up quickly does not do it then I’ll just bite the bullet and get a much thinner Diamond Disc from Logosol for the Grindlux. It’s the thickness of the disc that’s causing me this issue and no matter how I profile the disc I can’t alleviate it.

Might have figured out the vid thing.

As you can see in the vid I’m not taking anything off the gullet but the sweep is spot on, it’s just the next tooth that’s getting hammered. Once that’s sorted I just need to adjust the stop down slightly and the whole gullets getting a slither removed.

• Like 1