kerf for ripper37

Tippin Alaybye

26 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

Give me a clue!

0.085/2.16mm

I use .042" Blades. The Kerf is near as damn it 3mm or 1/8". Which is handy since my Mill operates on a 1/8" click system. 

You have the option of .042 or .043" blades. So virtually no difference. Obviously .042*3 = .126" or 3.2mm so my blades are set a fraction under this and Im happy with that. 

Another think to keep in mind is the Cam on your shiney new Grindlux 4000 is not designed for the Ripper 37 Blades. No matter how much you profile the grinding stone you're grind off a lot of metal off of the top of each tooth. I bought a Ripper 37 Cam template for it but its still taking off a bit of the tooth, so Im currently in the middle of reprofiling the new Cam Plate with metal putty and having a  bit of trial and error til Im happy that Im taking out the whole gullet and also raising quick and high enough to miss the top of the teeth. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tippin Alaybye said:

I’ve fecked one blade already after sharpening half a dozen on the sharpener

Id be interested to see your sharpener in action. Did you find the cam takes out a perfect gullet cut right outta the box? stright down for the tooth then follows the ripper gullet profile around then managed to raise up fast enough to miss the tip of the next tooth? 

Did you specify a Ripper Cam? 

20 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

No. I’ve already gone through the spare fuse so will have to wait til the new ones arrive. I would have thought a reset button would be good but what do I know?

Add one. :)

Just pop down to your local electrical store and grab a bunch? 

How did you manage to burn out two fuses already?