news from down under

daveatdave

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

D251AA5C-62D0-46E4-9F8E-EF843C8DD567.png

All of that is pretty obvious, but, if you're saying you pretty much agree with everything the Aussie broadcaster said then, by comparison, you must also pretty much agree with everything Morgan said (about this topic - not everything he says in general, he's a bit tit granted.)

And if you agree with the Aussie, and by default agree with Morgan, then the pictograph seems to contradict the position that one can express an opinion and not be adversely affected if it doesn't fit the populist woke agenda.

He says it "was by mutual agreement", but I'd pose the question - why was there even a discussion?  If you employ a Rottweiler to bark, don't be surprised if it barks.

Is it just that you don't like Morgan?  That would be entirely understandable.  

4 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I wouldn't fall out over it, but, well, yes it absolutely is.....  

Has he been prevented legally from saying it again?

Is he likely to go to prison or be prosecuted for saying it?

All thats happened is that his employers are fed up with him saying it and want him to stop saying it on their premises and on their dime.

Seems fair enough.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Has he been prevented legally from saying it again?

Is he likely to go to prison or be prosecuted for saying it?

All thats happened is that his employers are fed up with him saying it and want him to stop saying it on their premises and on their dime.

Seems fair enough.

And that, right there, IS the assault on free speech.  He has lost his job because he expressed an honestly held opinion on a 'discussion' show.  

It is the 'control' exerted by editorial and / or management / owners to present only the version of events that suits their agenda.  I've never watched GMB until I watched the clips of Morgan stomping off.  It just wasn't a style of delivery I cared for.  

Granted, if you take the silver shilling you dance to the paymasters tune.  The only option you have if you don't like it is to walk away.  I'm sure he'll be replaced by some suitably pliable, woke apologist that will appeal to the masses and maintain audience figures.

• Like 1

What if he got the boot saying homosexuality is a sin or Jews control the world or the Royal family are lizards? 

Would that be an assault on free speech? 

ps. Please try not to use the word ‘woke’ in the answer, look on it as an linguistic challenge.