Husqvarna 572XP cover alignment

Alpasty

I only have two in stock but they are the same as yours so I guess it must be designed like that. The only other thing it could be is if it is a bad run of covers which can only be confirmed if someone has a better fitting cover. Tbh I don't think it will cause any issues. 

Thanks for taking the time Mark. I have looked closely at some pictures/youtube videos online and there are examples of better fitting covers, but as you say it's probably a batch that aren't quite right. Bit weird though, as everything else on the saw is very well made and fits together perfectly. I do wonder if some earlier ones did not have the problem? 

It's looking like there is nothing to be gained from returning it and ordering from elsewhere. 

I really do not think this will be an issue, you could argue for the centrifugal air cleaning to work correctly it should be air tight in the carb/ filter compartment, all the air to the filter should be pre cleaned before entering the filter compartment, not coming in via gaps between the cover and crankcase.

Just a quick update - I did actually email Husqvarna UK with the pictures of the saw. They responded very quickly and said

"this is  not something we have had any reported issue on,  however it does look a bit odd,  it could be that the cover is badly moulded.  It should fit snuggly to the base where the clip is"

It seems, from the responses on here, and my enquiry with the supplier of my saw, that there are lots of others around that look the same, so obviously a quality control issue in the factory where the mouldings are made. 

I also know it isn't probably much of an issue in reality, unfortunately I tend to notice things like this, things like household sockets being out of level, etc etc, right nuisance sometimes. 🙂

Edited by Alpasty

31 minutes ago, Alpasty said:

"this is  not something we have had any reported issue on,  however it does look a bit odd,  it could be that the cover is badly moulded.  It should fit snuggly to the base where the clip is"

🙂

I rest my case . The gate on the mould tool needs widening and the sprue runner  milling with a ball nosed cutter up closer to the gate .  ( like I suggested ) 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I rest my case . The gate on the mould tool needs widening and the sprue runner  milling with a ball nosed cutter up closer to the gate .  ( like I suggested ) 🙂

Think they need you in their factory 🙂

• Like 1