Beech take down 2010

Rupe

Windows movie maker.

Some fungi evident but I didn't see it. Client wanted full removal or nothing, and got a survey that gave enough evidence to lift the TPO for remoaval, so I did. I would heve reduced side weight if asked too, not bothered either way.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windows movie maker.

Some fungi evident but I didn't see it. Client wanted full removal or nothing, and got a survey that gave enough evidence to lift the TPO for remoaval, so I did. I would heve reduced side weight if asked too, not bothered either way.

You can take a horse to the water eh..Nice fun job to get into & well executed.

Better to get a tree taken down by someone good at their job than by some numpty who dosn't think to much.

Shame he ended up with a numpty this time then!

The client had one quote, just over half mine and he threw it in the bin cos he figured they didn't know what they were doing! I like clients with a bit of nous! (nowse?)

He's actually a retired chartered forester so he knows far more about trees than me. If he wants it out and the council agree then no worries.

Er, 17 man days, not sure how many hours each day as I don't tend to count little things like that. I spent a lot of time traveling with woodchip or logs and sometimes that was outside of normal workign hours and sometimes within. I only had a bout 4 hours climbing on the 4 rigging days, and a couple of hours chogging down before the fell.

If I could have done it differently I would have spent all day climbing and had more vehicles/drivers taking stuff away so that I didn't have to, but thats just how it goes.

Check out the tree behind the one we are felling. Its a monster! Beyond it WAS the one we felled a couple of years ago, and they are near identical "clones" from the same seed tree I guess.

Rupe, is the remaining twin stemmed Tree in the neighbours property?

& do you happen to know if it is staying?

I'm intrigued (driven through learning and not critcism) as to wether the additional wind load, now potentially being applied to the isolated (due to removal of target tree) twin stemmed tree, was taken into account by the TO when granting permission?

Be obliged if you'd pm, if you can't comment :001_smile:

cheers

David

5976556390800_0121.jpg.100f9a8d4c2d10f176dbc154cdc9ad2b.jpg

Rupe, is the remaining twin stemmed Tree in the neighbours property?

& do you happen to know if it is staying?

Hi. I don't think that one was taken into consideration when permission was granted. It is in neighbouring property and is going to be surveyed soon, may have already been done.

Neither tree protects the other from the prevailing wind as it comes side on to both, and I would have been more concerned about removal of that tree in leaving the one we just felled TBH.