Pressure Washer

IronMike

Morning all. 

I’m in need of a decent pressure washer. The Logbullet is getting absolutely caked up in mud at the moment, and with the prospect of my own yard space very close on the horizon I’m no longer going to have access my good mate John’s Stihl one. 

It’ll be mains power and mains water fed. The Stihl one I’ve used was decent but is always good to explore the options out there, and I trust (the majority 😉) of knowledgeable folks on here for completely impartial advice....

budget is likely up to circa £300. 

I bought a Kranzle. If you can stretch your budget a little they are well worth the cost. I have a K10 but they have other options that suit your budget. They are industrial bits of kit oil filled gearboxes and all metal parts and although they are compact they are build like a brick S*** house. They don't come with all the plastic flaff and pretty covers. You get a high quality motor, a brass pump head, ceramic coasted stainless pistons etc. You 100% get what you pay for. They come with a 2 year warranty on wear and a 10 year warranty on corrosion.

After 4 years I had a tiny crack appear in my brass pump head from an unknown cause so I took the pump head off and sent it in and they only charged me for the brass bit that needed replacing. They serviced it with new valves etc and sent it back all for well under £100. They stock all the parts for their old kit going back through the years and offer servicing and repairs no matter the age. Their customer service is absolutely spot on too. I honestly can't speak high enough of them! 

In the matter of power, mine is 130Bar. With a rotary cone dirt blaster nozzle on it rips off loose paint, the patio cleaner on high power will take off the top layer of stone and I even have a sand blasting attachment for it that will cut through aluminium panels (as I found out on a land rover that was corroded). I would question the 272 bar thing that you posted up as that's a lot of pressure?

If you want something that will last, have available parts, be easy to work on then buy a Kranzle.

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 2

I got one of the Nilfisk ones as they still use alloy for the motor and pump and read that Karcher had stopped doing this. It came with the turbo nozzle which is an awesome bit of kit plus the typical flat adjustable nozzle.

I only use it for cleaning the drive and car washes so it is light domestic but it has been good for me.

Edited by spudulike
  • Like 2

Looks like a good option. Same as the rest of the kranzle range solid brass pump head, metal gearbox etc. As long as you bleed the air out the head by putting the tap on and pulling the trigger on the lance before turning it on and I advise you change the oil on it (15W40) once a year or so, they will last a lifetime. 

I love mine. I had Karcher and all sorts before but they always leaked or fell over during use because they were plastic crap. I don't get a drip out of my kranzle and even put it inside the house on the carpet when I'm pressure washing by the back door as I trust it (and can't be bothered to find an extension cord) Those 1050's weigh 19kg so you get an idea of what you're buying. It's not a toy! 

Another thing to note is they use an industrial motor so they're like a compressor. Don't use a flimsy cheap extension lead as it will either melt the lead or it can damage the motor because of power loss in the cable causing an overheat. Either buy a high quality extension lead that's short as possible or I bought some 2.5mm (25A) Arctic Flex cable, an IP66 weatherproof socket with a gland and a regular plug for the other end and made my own extension that can handle anything plugged into it! 

• Like 1