Trolley / Cart For Moving Lengths ????

Witterings

20 minutes ago, Stere said:

Whats the terrain like your covering?

Distance slopes mud etc?

Relatively flat and not very muddy but certainly worth thinking about as a muddy hill laden with lengths wouldn't be fun .... well not for me but maybe anybody that was watching it might 😁

16 hours ago, Witterings said:

Looking for some sort of hand pulled cart or other way of moving lengths of wood about 140 cm or 4.5 ft  in old money and ideally would like to be able to load about 5 lengths at a time of widths from approx 8" up to 12/14"  .... doesn't matter if it's shorther and will only take about 3 ft lengths

Was looking at a something like a large garden cart (link below) but they're not very wide and would imagine regularly using it for heavy wood .... a lot of the reviews say continual hard use they don't last

What I like about them is the sides go down so I can put it in the car on top of the cut lengths (Zafira) .... although could stick whatever it is on the roof rack of the car

Awful tempted to pay a visit to Homebase and see if one of their garden trolleys "accidentally" jumps in my boot 🤣 ... shame I'm too honest.

If anyone's got any ideas be grateful hearing them😊 

I had a similar requirement an I've steered away from stuff like these. They aren't very robust despite what the advert says.

I was looking for something to move lengths of milled board around. 

Arb trolley was high on the list. As is a carpet dolly ( rolls of carpet)

Saying all this...I haven't done either as supplies of milling material have dried up.

Big diameter wheels solid or pneuumatic...is the way.

Good luck with your quest.

Edited by Bob_z_l
spelling

Hate solid wheels used them on a wheel barrow  they are  horrible too use.

Don't mind 10mins  patching innertubes if I get a puncture ocassionally

Linked this before but I reckon chinese had a good concept with the wheel barrow.

c.1880s China - man with pipe and a pig on Chinese wheelbarrow Stock Photo  - Alamy

WWW.LOWTECHMAGAZINE.COM

For being such a seemingly ordinary vehicle, the wheelbarrow has a surprisingly exciting history. This is especially true in...

Imagine a lightweight  modern alumium framed version with a bike wheel and maybe optional hub driven lecky motor

Opuim pipe optional extra....

EDIT

Looks like someones already done it:

WWW.HONEYBADGERWHEEL.COM

Shop online for the Honey Badger Wheel big game cart, hunting cart, and backpacking cart for outdoor gear. Hike...

Edited by Stere

Would take up lux on his offer. I have a stein trolley. Put off getting one for a long time due to cost. Went through loads of sack trolleys in the meantime. And the stein does way more options (bit like the Chinese offering). It's heavy but weirdly once its loaded you don't notice it. From your initial description it's exactly what you need. Watch regs video on how to use it and the you see the options. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jarborist said:

Would take up lux on his offer. I have a stein trolley. Put off getting one for a long time due to cost. Went through loads of sack trolleys in the meantime. And the stein does way more options (bit like the Chinese offering). It's heavy but weirdly once its loaded you don't notice it. From your initial description it's exactly what you need. Watch regs video on how to use it and the you see the options. 

Agree .... I have dropped him a PM