Avant 635 log splitter

Chipperclown

2 hours ago, Chipperclown said:

Great Mick thanks that saves some heavy lifting then something I am wanting to avoid!!

That’s an interesting point. I saw in previous pics that folk have the base plate elevated on their machine. 

I currently use my stand alone upright splitter at ground level but find the bending down to load it a bit of a back breaker after a while. Looking forward to trying it the other way around. 

My loader has the following:

Aux. hydraulics oil flow / pressure

44 l/min 200 bar

Does anyone out there know if this is a good amount to run a log splitter from, these figures don't mean anything to me if I am honest. I am awaiting response to various enquires but thought I would put this out there!

7 minutes ago, Chipperclown said:

44 l/min 200 bar

Does anyone out there know if this is a good amount to run a log splitter from, these figures don't mean anything to me if I am honest. I am awaiting response to various enquires but thought I would put this out there!

The avant will run the splitter fine... I run my small splitter on pump 1 just about tickover... if I get a stubborn bit of wood I turn revs up and bit to increase hydraulic oil pressure. 

• Like 1

Good to know perhaps I have done too much reading this weekend! The info I have found seems to suggest a higher flow is need for example on a Riko machine. My question is why dont Avant have a standalone splitter like yours Si or Micks?  I know they have a few other modes but a simple splitter would be good and is a great asset.

29 minutes ago, Chipperclown said:

44 l/min 200 bar

Got a hydraulic power pack which kicks out the same as that, runs a 10t oxdale splitter very quick and run a Riko 25t quicker then tractor. 

12 minutes ago, Chipperclown said:

Good to know perhaps I have done too much reading this weekend! The info I have found seems to suggest a higher flow is need for example on a Riko machine. My question is why dont Avant have a standalone splitter like yours Si or Micks?  I know they have a few other modes but a simple splitter would be good and is a great asset.

I allready had the splitter when I brought my avant so just made it work... I did enquire abouts avants firewood processor but it’s overpriced for what it is, and a pretty low spec processor.... avants firewood processor is a Jappa 300  painted green. Fuelwood are the uk dealer for Jappa so that’s another option and there pretty helpful with there splitters. They sell all sorts and will point you in right direction 

15 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Got a hydraulic power pack which kicks out the same as that, runs a 10t oxdale splitter very quick and run a Riko 25t quicker then tractor. 

What power pack  have you got? I’m after something that’s does 35-45lt a min at 150-200bar. Got a Jcb  beaver power pack but that’s a bit slow 

Built it up myself out of parts engine is Lombardi 20hp and then tandem pumps developing 44lpm at about 1500rpm with a dump valve which then gives you the power, had a lot of help from David lupton how supplied pumps and he makes hydraulic power pack for bale rappers.

Will run all day on about 2 litres of red.

AF1QipNcjdknt17srJohdRf12ihsbYMj2nTDY8wM6TY1=w419-h235-no-iv3312

Edited by woody paul