The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

i'm using a small winch to get mine up and down,, are you using the ifor ramps? they're pretty long,,, the winch is a towball type electric, runs off the battery for the tipper..

Yeah i'm using 8ft ifor ramps. Do you know what make your winch is? and any pics of how you run it?

My wee chipper is self propelled !!!

I'm very jealous

the winch i've got ( from member nepias garage) is like this.

RECOVERY WINCH 12V VOLT 5000LB TRAILER BOAT CARAVAN CAR on eBay (end time 03-Aug-10 15:30:56 BST)

at present i have a strop around the ladder bar but i plan to mount the plate with a pulley on the ladder rack,

i connect the wires upto the tipper battery,, all good, it also has remote long enough to reach the end of the ramps,

it's actually prety neat little system,, will also pull my riko splitter on as well..

when i got my gloria i could hardly shift it, so i joined the gym and told the instructor what i was needing to do, i said i needed to throw about a wheely bin full of fire bricks lol. the diference is unreal now, i aint arnie by far just stronger. i ramp mine in and out the van on 8 foot ramps. you could stick a little crane in the corner and spin it round and lift it on and off. a mechanics engine lift would do dandy

lift.jpg.51225bf71d435508a8033d552323b916.jpg

the winch i've got ( from member nepias garage) is like this.

RECOVERY WINCH 12V VOLT 5000LB TRAILER BOAT CARAVAN CAR on eBay (end time 03-Aug-10 15:30:56 BST)

at present i have a strop around the ladder bar but i plan to mount the plate with a pulley on the ladder rack,

i connect the wires upto the tipper battery,, all good, it also has remote long enough to reach the end of the ramps,

it's actually prety neat little system,, will also pull my riko splitter on as well..

Sounds better than the one i'm using. You think the ladder rack is strong enough? I was worried about that.

This is the one i have:

Superwinch LT2000 12v DC Winch 907kg Pull - Machine Mart

I had it fitted to the chipper, and the wire kept coming off the side of the drum and is now stuck there :thumbdown:

And the lead for the remote is quite short.

when i got my gloria i could hardly shift it, so i joined the gym and told the instructor what i was needing to do, i said i needed to throw about a wheely bin full of fire bricks lol. the diference is unreal now, i aint arnie by far just stronger. i ramp mine in and out the van on 8 foot ramps. you could stick a little crane in the corner and spin it round and lift it on and off. a mechanics engine lift would do dandy

The ramps for a tipper trailer are pretty steep, so its tough for 2 of us soft southerners to push it up/down :001_smile:

Used the chipper all day yesterday, still cant believe how great it is and how little fuel it uses! Got it on/off the trailer fine, one guy winching me guiding it. Busy making a harness type thingy to attach the winch line to so it balances perfectly and not tip forward/back so I can do it on my own then.

Failing that I'll fill the bin up with bricks and start throwing it about!!

Hi all,finally managed to get the funds together and bought myself a jo beau m300 from mike at prochip and i must say what a top service he provided me with. Will always use prochip in the future for all my chipper needs.

Also just been and bought myself a little superwinch from machine mart to mount to the headboard/ladder rack on my l200 pick up to help getting it in and out of the buck.

Thanks for all the great things i have been reading about the wee chippers which convinced me to buy one.