The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Also it is the cost that sways me. £3300ish for a brand new machine with warranty compared to £9000ish. I am a one man band getting into the industry, I make my money doing conifers, hedges and garden tree felling/removal. I am not big enough to warrant a larger chipper at the moment, if I need one for a requested job then I shall hire one. At the moment I pay £70 per day plus 60miles to hire a mini chipper which is ridiculus, 95% of my customers want the brash chipped and left on site therefore I need a machine that can put the chip where they want it (back garden/behind the garage etc).

Hiya mate, I am thinking about one of these chippers.

Would it be possible to come and see yours working somewhen? We are out Wrexham way.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently had a job to do for the local council, they were refurbishing a property to use for a Youth Cafe. The garden out the back needed to be completely cleared as it was the only means of escape incase of fire. The ground floor of the property was a bakery and there was no access to the garden except through the bakery so everything had to be brought in and out through the bakery! Obviously I was never going to get any trees of greenery off the jobsite so I had to invest in a chipper. I bought what you boys would prob snigger at......a 5HP Bolens chipper! It had to be that small as nothing else would fit through the bakery, up 2 flights of stairs, through 4 doorways, across a flat roof and down a 1M drop into the garden! Luckily all of the trees were quite small so they went through the chipper, even though the chipper would only chip 2". Took a good few days to chip/shread everything but it was the only way to do it! Anyway the moral of the story is.........horses for courses!

Regards,

Anthony.

had a fun little job recently where even mr rainfords pencil sharpener was too big, seven flights of uneven narrow steps, a steep gravel slope and a 2ft drop had to be negotiated. we had to dismantle the chipper into five bits to get it there! once onsite and reassembled it did a cracking job. very nice customer provided breakfast and lunch with plenty drinks and even helped move branches and split/stack logs. Rob might have pics of the chipper in bits for you all to laugh about:biggrin:

• 2 months later...

No longer a member! :crying::crying::crying:

Poor Archie hadn't had a job since the early spring and since a 12" tracked has taken over the wee fella had no chance.

It was one machine I was never going to sell :001_rolleyes:

Never say never!

Very very sad to see it go.

Served me proud, so long old friend.