repeat break ins near royston (herts)

Charlieh

I'm just down the road from Royston, as are other Arb'ers. We've had a lot of bother the past couple of months. Too many 'caravan' parks locally. The local Stihl dealer had all his stock taken for the umpteenth time despite his ever increasing security measures. He, the dealer, is regularly in the local paper criticising the police for lack of action.

I'm just down the road from Royston, as are other Arb'ers. We've had a lot of bother the past couple of months. Too many 'caravan' parks locally. The local Stihl dealer had all his stock taken for the umpteenth time despite his ever increasing security measures. He, the dealer, is regularly in the local paper criticising the police for lack of action.

A police seargent i know said to me , if you ever catch a pykie on his own on your land kill him and dispose of the body, because when any of these people are reported missing they dont bother looking for them. Still dont know if he was serious.

A police seargent i know said to me , if you ever catch a pykie on his own on your land kill him and dispose of the body, because when any of these people are reported missing they dont bother looking for them. Still dont know if he was serious.

your not the only person that has been told that locally! i know of it on 3 separate occasions, probably the same officer!

not heard if they had any bother last night, my suspicions are they will now wait a week or so until it calms down again

Edited by Charlieh

That didnt happen when fred moss disapeared though...I never seen as many police but worse still was the thousands of travellers descending on to royston and surounding villages searching farmers barns and peoples property them selves....not good.

Not saying i would not give it a go though:sneaky2: shot at the last lot I caught with a catapult breaking the security lights on the yards containers never seen any one move as fast ..and the never came back whilst we where at that yard either... sure enough in the end they did whensome one else had the place and 2 chippers went:thumbdown:

In the year 2006 my barn was broken into a total of 4 times , every time i called the police, answer was "we dont come out to shed breakins". When my mate phoned the police to report a transit pick up stuck in his field after it had dumped a load of crap, they said "nothing we can do as it is private property" when he replied he was going to get his jcb and smash it to bits they threatened to arrest him.

Why on earth wouldnt they come out to a shed breakin!:confused1:

As far as I'm aware mine and your tax's pay there wages so they can protect us and our assets.

Would be a poor show if the fire brigade didnt both attending barn/shed fires and let people and goods burn to death or the paramedics refused to come out because someone was having a heart attack in there potting shed:confused1: