Stove cost

Am I mistaken, or have stoves jumped in price?  I installed a stovax Stockton 5 about 4 years ago.  I'm fairly sure it was about £650 then.  I need some spares so was on the web last night and it seems the stove is about 30% more now!  What happened?  Is this the impact of ecodesign test and certification?

Am I mistaken, or have stoves jumped in price?  I installed a stovax Stockton 5 about 4 years ago.  I'm fairly sure it was about £650 then.  I need some spares so was on the web last night and it seems the stove is about 30% more now!  What happened?  Is this the impact of ecodesign test and certification?

Nail head!

Cant speak for Stovax,  fortunately I am not a dealer.  But Arada, Charnwood, Morso and Esse who I do act for generally have a price increase of about £20 a stove a year,  however this year their price rises were due in May,   due to lockdown etc they all held off until November ( Morso 1 Jan).    So yes there are rises but not to the 30% level.

• Like 1

I have a stovax Stockton 5, I’m afraid I don’t rate highly. It over burns, it isn’t an efficient stove at all. Stupid mechanisms to prevent shutting it down and also a limited aperture to fit logs in with the grate in etc. The door doesn’t even seal right 3 mm gap around one side despite new rope etc. I wish I’d fitted an AGA little wenlock. Superb little stoves imo 

I've said before, I think it's ok for what it cost, but yes it seems to have too much air and with really well dried wood I need to take care how I load it.  The need for spares is likely because I have been running it too hot.

I don't find the aperture for logs small, for a 5kw stove I think it can swallow some very large chunks.

However your door isn't right.  Either it's wrongly adjusted (the hinges bolt on, I suspect you'll find you've some scope to adjust them) or something is warped by the sound of it.