Woodland Mills 130 max or alternative?

monkeybusiness

A Logosol bandsaw, bit more expensive but it’s a high quality machine.
Either a b751 or b751 pro or b1001.
Woodland mills are really good as an entry level bandsaw but just aren’t professional level.
Just depends if you want to cut a few softwood planks or cut 25” oak all day?
[emoji106]

9 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

As per the thread title - would you buy a new petrol static Woodland Mills 130 Max or if not, what similarly priced alternative would you go for (and why)?

The 130 max is a bit of a game changer really. About the only mill in that price bracket that can mill 30" wide. Most Mills in that bracket can take a 30" Log (there abouts)  but the Cant, ie the widest board you'll manage to cut is about 24", again, there abouts. 

Everyone who has a Woodlands Mill seems on the whole very happy with them. I believe the 130 max Saw head is Dialed in out the box, so really reduces build time. And who'd not want an extra 6"? :D 

Gobby Punk is currently setting up his 130 max, so Im sure he can fill you in on his first hand experiance. There are a few other 130 owners here and Im sure they will let you know how they got on maxing their Mills out with both hard and softwood. 

I'm not really sure what other Mills are available in that price bracket? Norwood after seeing what I can assume a sizable dent in their market share to Woodland Mills etc (a few other brands in the US in that bracket, ie Harbor Freight) have a Chinese build budget line now called Frontier. The OS31" can take a 31" log but the Cant is only 23". So a bit of a trade off there, but from a very well known Bandsaw Mill company. 

As Rough mentioned, you also have the Logosol B751 and B1001 Mills, but your jumping up a week bit in price. There is also Wood-Mizer and Norwood Mills to consider in this price bracket.

If the 30" Cant is what you're looking for then there is no real competition in the Market to the HM130 Max just now. Not in that price range.  

• Like 1

Cheers chaps. It’s for a bit of hobby-milling tbh - we end up with timber that either gets logged or biomassed and I’ve got a few DIY jobs where I fancy making something from start to finish.

The Woodland Mills look incredible value, their YouTube vids certainly sell the product well too! I am after some first-hand feedback though ideally - if they are a bit Mickey Mouse then I’d rather hold on to my dosh and get a mate to mill the timber for me. I do fancy one though!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have just set up my woodland mills hm130max and I am totaly happy with it the up grades from the old hm130 make it so much better to use the small things like auto lock head the amount of times I forgot to lock that little peg in on my old one and the auto lube the way it sprays onto the band instead of dripping I was always wondering if it was set right so yeah totaly happy with it but they need to up their game with the delivery they tried to deliver mine the lorry was too big for my track so they drove away and didnt even let me know a week later and a load of phone calls finally got it sorted then it was a massive ball ache getting it off the lorry the crate was wider than the sides of the lorry so had to wiggle it onto the tail lift sketchy,but apart from that the actual sawmill is ace 

• Like 1