WOODLANDER LOG LOADING RAMP & WINCH KIT

Tippin Alaybye

I bought the Woodlander Mills ramp which I was happy with , but for some of the larger logs that I was milling I thought I would double up , so had a second post fabricated and bought a winch online so all the weight is shared now and is winched up evenly single handed

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sturaffs said:

I bought the Woodlander Mills ramp which I was happy with , but for some of the larger logs that I was milling I thought I would double up , so had a second post fabricated and bought a winch online so all the weight is shared now and is winched up evenly single handed

Its what ever makes life easier i always look for.

• 3 weeks later...

Well. My missus is fuming. Why do I want something that costs blah blah blah?
Woodlands said my mill would arrive Monday. No show. Bless her she stayed in all day. Rang them up and said it would be today. So again she stayed in.
Only the winch and ramp turned up. The mill is still out of stock and MIGHT be coming next week!

22 hours ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

Well. My missus is fuming. Why do I want something that costs blah blah blah?
Woodlands said my mill would arrive Monday. No show. Bless her she stayed in all day. Rang them up and said it would be today. So again she stayed in.
Only the winch and ramp turned up. The mill is still out of stock and MIGHT be coming next week!

I hope for the sake of your marriage that it's not being delivered by DHL, they took 3 weeks to deliver my mill

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Tippin Alaybye

Yes things are going ok. I've made a few mistakes when I haven't double checked my height adjustment and I've had a 3mm difference in the thickness.... Apart from that it is chewing through a load of Lebanon Cedar....

Bought a new chain from @Rob D and it's a belter

Thanks again Andrew. 

*** Boards with "X" are wonky...3mm but might be benches or seating.

Bob

0808_20_Logosol_Cedar.jpg

0808_20_Logosol_Cedar2.jpg

20200816_122248.jpg

• Like 2

@Tippin Alaybye

Sorry I wasn't clear.

3mm difference end to end. 30mm one end 33mm the other. one "click" of the bed adjustment.

My fault. I wasn't paying attention.

Other boards were faultless. 

The lack of setup time on the first cut too. Really chuffed.

Made a log-bed (?) to load straight from the trailer...

Trailer gets loaded by telehandler or forklift....unload is me and the log-turner.

20200822_130027.jpg

• Like 2