Partial refusal partial approval of tpo - where do I stand?

Hornbeamfella

On 25/06/2020 at 12:09, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

But a new TPO could be subject to challenge and the LA would have to show the interests of amenity for something they’d just declared their approval for removal of. 

So, perhaps technically an option, how likely would it be that they’d choose that COA?  

I don’t think it’d get past internal scrutiny. 

I'd think that the course of action might just be decided by office politics, along with whatever axe to grind the local councillors may have. An admission that a 'clerical error' was made and that these trees have high amenity value, screening and environmental benefits etc might well sway the decision in serving a new order. Personally I wouldn't bank on no new orders when deciding my next move in this situation. Take nothing for granted. :lol:

One shouldn't assume that every LA operates to the guidelines, or even to the regulations. I made an objection to a new TPO a couple of years back, with the sole intention of getting the case in front of planning committee (elected councillors) and away from the TO.  Apparently that LA has no procedure to deal with representations or objections :dontknow:, seems like the TO decides what warrants protection, tells the legal department who then serves it.  

• Haha 1